Hidden Android Features

I have been using Android several years but only have had my current Verizon LG G3 for about 7 months.

I am always finding things that are features but seem to be hidden and no real intuitive way to know.

For instance, yesterday I was typing with the standard keyboard that came with my phone. I must have pressed something by mistake because suddenly the keyboard slid to the middle of the screen and spit in two!!!  :| 

The left half of the keyboard went to the left side of the screen and the right half of the keyboard went to the right side of the screen. 

I  immediately realized how cool this was. It was so easy to type with two hands this way.

The problem was that the keyboard was now covering the area where some of the letters I was typing were showing up. The app that I was typing in would not let me scroll up or down in order to move the text out from underneath the keyboard. I also couldn't tell how to make the keyboard disappear.

I was afraid to hit the back button because I was afraid that I would lose what I had typed. 

This is probably the worst case but I'm constantly running into things by accident that I don't know about that seemingly are good things but I can't find these things in the Help. Is there a source that explains these more "hidden features"? Thanks. 

Thats a LG thing and in general big phones... The manual might be a good place to start :)

Thanks. Now that you mention it, it may have been my tablet (It's an LG too). 

At any rate, it's a cool feature. I would definitely use it. I just don't know how I activated it and didn't know how to get rid of it. 

I'll check with LG. Thanks. 

Didn't mean to sound like a dope! There are plenty of lil android secrets tho and plenty to be found here. Most I find just playing around with the phone a d accidentally do what you did.

For your back button issue, when the keyboard is up the arrow should now be showing as a down arrow instead of a back. Pressing that once will get rid of the keyboard. This might be a lollipop thing but the same works before as well. Pressing back button with the keyboard up should just lower the keyboard. :)

Also Android central.com has plenty of lil tip guides about Android too :)