"Switch User" shortcut or command?

I'm kinda in a jam when my dad wants to play his poker on his account. Every time when I am not at home and he wants to play his game, he kinda needs me since I'm the only one that know how to switch accounts and he is completely new to computers. All he knows is how to click on his name on the welcome screen, open a program, scroll on a webpage, and close programs and I don't really want him to constantly have to switch on the start menu in vista with that little arrow. To make a long story short, is there any commands or such like "shutdown -r" or such that just show all the usernames on the welcome screen so he can just click that on my dock? I don't or really would not prefer it just locking my account and only showing that. It would be appreciated.

i think i understand what your trying to get at but just tell him to hit Win key+L and then hit "switch users" that only 2 steps better than all that clicking if he cant get that then i dont know.

i think i understand what your trying to get at but just tell him to hit Win key+L and then hit "switch users" that only 2 steps better than all that clicking if he cant get that then i dont know.

ok, thanks but I'm still curious if there is such out of curiousity

I've been wondering this too. What they did with the power buttons and fast user switching buttons in the startmenu are the one thing that really annoys me about vista.

Well, one thing that might help would be setting a screensaver or sleep timer and have it go to the Welcome Screen afterward.

As for a shortcut, I don't know how you'd make one but I'm sure you can.

There's a gadget that does it: http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.asp...p;bt=1&pl=1

Just make a .js file that does whatever that does (or use it, if it's good enough).

Haha, the gadget doesn't even do it from script. It has goofy shortcuts included, however the one that concerns you is a shortcut to:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation

Try %SystemRoot%\System32\Tsdiscon.exe

It takes you directly to the "Switch User" screen. :)

The attached zip contains the following shortcuts & scripts:

Eject PC, Hibernate, Lock Computer, Log Off, Power Off, Reboot, Shut Down, Shut Down Dialog, Standby & Switch User.

Vista_Shut_Down_Scripts.zip