New ObjectDock (1.9) out

I was wondering if you can do that "flyout" thing with folders. And if there is a way, how?

Yep, flyout menus can be done for folders. That's how I do it. Of course its only for od+ though.

on OD+ only? :(

And how do you do that AthleticTrainer? Just drag the folder to the dock?

yeah a feature of plus only.

Right click on the dock and do add>custom flyout menu. Then customize the shortcut. You can add folders to the flyout menu instead of shortcuts.

Wow, I gotta say, I used to use Objectdock about a year, two years ago, and for some reason I didn't like it. But now, it's fast! No hiccups at all. I just have a small question which I can't really find in the options.

Can you change the color of the glow? It seems that the color changes by itself regarding what color the icon is, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm new to this dock thing. How does objectdock handle desktop shortcuts created from software installation? You know, after you install a software, there is an option to create a shortcut for the desktop. If I tick yes, will the shortcut automatically end up in the dock or I'll have to manually move it there? Is there a way to automate it?

For desktop shortcuts, do you just drag it into the dock? Or you'll have to create it from scratch? Does objectdock uses its own shortcut icons or it can use the software's default icons?

For desktop shortcuts, do you just drag it into the dock?

Yes.

For desktop shortcuts, do you just drag it into the dock? Or you'll have to create it from scratch? Does objectdock uses its own shortcut icons or it can use the software's default icons?

You can do both. You can simply drag your shortcut to the dock, or you can manually add shortcuts, docklets, etc. ObjectDock includes high-resolution icons for over 50 different programs. It can also use the default icons, or you can use an icon you downloaded from the internet.

:)

Well, 1.9 is WAY faster but it still can not beat RKLauncher. I use them both though so I can say that! :D

Well, 1.9 is WAY faster but it still can not beat RKLauncher. I use them both though so I can say that! :D

I'd like to try RKLauncer, but it seems it hasn't been updated in quite some time. The latest version says Version 0.4 (beta) latest, October 16, 2005. Is it Vista friendly, being such an outdated beta release?

Comparing 1.8 to Rocketdock and to 1.9 i can really, and really, i can, tell you that 1.9 renders A LOT better and A LOT faster than Rocketdock (well, dunno if A LOT, lol, but its better than RD)

Can someone send me the old backgrounds that came with the previous version please. rherrada79@gmail.com

When I updated to v1.9, I uninstalled ObjectDock+ first and in the process lost some backgrounds. I check Wincustomize but can't seem to find the ones that came with older versions of OD+.

You can do both. You can simply drag your shortcut to the dock, or you can manually add shortcuts, docklets, etc. ObjectDock includes high-resolution icons for over 50 different programs. It can also use the default icons, or you can use an icon you downloaded from the internet.

:)

Did you download the custom icons from Objectdock's database?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Objectdock is really good... But it has one problem that annoys me. Why can't you keep a dock auto hidden + in the background. In other words, have it stay off screen until I mouse over and have it so it doesn't interfere with open applications. It's very annoying for them to pop up while scrolling down the side of a webpage. For now, the only thing I can do is just keep it in the background without being hidden...

Objectdock is really good... But it has one problem that annoys me. Why can't you keep a dock auto hidden + in the background. In other words, have it stay off screen until I mouse over and have it so it doesn't interfere with open applications. It's very annoying for them to pop up while scrolling down the side of a webpage. For now, the only thing I can do is just keep it in the background without being hidden...

In the positioning tab in the configuration window you can set a "long" delay for the auto-hide option. That might help as you will have to hold the mouse over that area for a few seconds until it pops back up.

In the positioning tab in the configuration window you can set a "long" delay for the auto-hide option. That might help as you will have to hold the mouse over that area for a few seconds until it pops back up.

Yeah, I know you can do that, but then it's annoying when you're NOT browsing, because you have to wait so long for it to pop up. I know, I'm impatient...

• 2 weeks later...

I will give this a try. I found the last version to be very slow and memory leeching on this 3/4 year old machine. If this is really as quick as you guys have said then awesome :)

Does this work with Vista?

I will give this a try. I found the last version to be very slow and memory leeching on this 3/4 year old machine. If this is really as quick as you guys have said then awesome :)

Does this work with Vista?

Yes, it works with Vista. :)

Also remember you can adjust perofrmance settings in the "performance options" section".

• 1 month later...