Your idea for the "perfect" WindowBlinds theme

Ok, let's here your ideas for the "perfect" WindowBlinds theme. Colors, transparency, animations.....whatever! Tell me the elements that you would think a new WindowBlinds theme should be made of. I often hear how people don't like this, or don't like that, so I wanted to give everyone a chance to give their opinions on what they want to see.

Mockups would be even more awesome, and maybe I will even give out a prize if we can get some really usable designs in this thread.

:)

something as usable as possible ...

must not be a pain to work with it ...

mustn't be too distractive ...

mustn't be too simple & boring ...

some theme have "complex" elements, but that kills usability...

while in the other hands if it is too simple it can be boring.

Also I can't bear bugs: a theme that impress is nice, but when I see

bugs I'm wondering if creators have even used that theme.

Simple, stylish, professional, with black, transparent, dark blue colors.

WB Skinners tends to overuse the capability of WB when come to window borders.

MSStyles are limited in the size, but it's better like this.

Royale Vista is the best Example

http://dobee.deviantart.com/art/Royale-Vista-WB-31720762

I don't really care much for transparency. Its nice, but most of the time I have my windows maximised and can't really see myself changing that. I love a professional/simple theme.

I know WB has the ability to make fancy animations or huge graphics, but they're pretty impractical and just a novelty to me. I prefer a simple theme that isn't in my face but still looks nice.

On XP I used to use LE5 most of the time and never really bothered with WB because the themes didn't have anything special over msstyles. In Vista I'm still using the default theme, but I actually disabled aero because I don't like the animations/transparency. I just wanted something plain and simple.

Also, the theme needs to look good with the taskbar set to different heights. I have mine on 3 rows atm and quite a few themes don't work too well with that.

I.R.Brainiac, sure your skins have lot of fans and they are quality though very far from my tastes. But actually... all the suggestions point to a minimal and usable theme...

That fluffy thing don't fit in any suggestion here :/

I know...I was just being silly...I have some sleek ideas coming in the future...one will be based on the sr71 Blackbird. ;)

The mockup was just to show just how far from the Neowin paradigm one could stray. :p

ROFL, my last PC was named Blackbird (I'm a big fan of Army Aircrafts, my current one is Nighthawk (The F-117)) :p

Tough, I can't see how you could make a skin on that :blink:

Oh well, that don't surprise me coming from you :p

Wow...I completely forgot about Royal Vista II, what a sleek skin. I also wish it would be updated for Vista/WB6.

Very good ideas and suggestions so far, keep them coming, and I hope to see more images. :)

I use my main rig now for vista media center a lot...probably about 70% of the time. For all the skins that are now wb6/vista made it seems that only the stardock made ones have been actually vetted to work properly for vista.

What I mean by that is that the min/max/close glyphs actually work correctly. Let's say I take stardocks metal vista...those work fine. But if I were to use 'iphonix' by othersnow (one of my favorites) the min/max bottons don't work.

If they are made for vista then people need to take the time to properly make them for all parts of vista.

I would love to see this as a Windowblinds theme: Watercolor Emico. I will probably port it to Windowblinds once I finish Emico and got my new PC :)

Black by rjsmith2007 is without a doubt still my most used theme. The screenshot really doesn't do it justice.

Even though it's designed for XP, I still find myself using it on Vista..even if theres a few glitches I still love the clean minimalist slickness. Wish someone would design something like this for Vista.. :(

VisionZero by da-flow(code2) also deserves a mention I think.

there are a lot of themes i love, but dont use because the min/resize/close buttons are too small...

as long as those are a good size, and everything else looks good.