New ObjectDock (1.9) out

Not sure if you guys saw this but there's a new version of ObjectDock out. It's got a ton of improvements but for Neowin users, the part I think will be appreciated is that it has a new graphics engine which is much faster and uses less memory (I personally never found ObjectDock to be slow or memory hoggish but I can tell the difference on my ThinkPad X40 laptop).

News post here: http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=151112

For someone who's been using RocketDock for a long time, this is welcome news. I really like RocketDock and haven't used ObjectDock because it just seemed a bit cumbersome. Made the switch. The new ObjectDock is FANTASTIC!

Just started configuring. Not really finished, but here's mine so far:

post-167725-1177687715_thumb.jpg

Wow, I used to hate Objectdock, but this version is amazing, it used to be such a resoruce hog but now uses no mroe than 4 MB fo RAM even less than RKlauncher or Rocketdock. I dragged my trillian icon into the dock and it automatically gave it a nice high res icon.

Edited by ViperAFK

I heard about this version last night when I just typically had a peek over at Stardock. The new 1.9 is excellent! Havent used objectdock in awhile but I've gone back with this version.

Good to see objectdock is still growing strong! :)

Wow seems like everyone is loving this new ObjectDock. I am currently using RK Launcher, how does this compare to RK Launcer?

Sweet screen UncleSpellBinder.

Wow seems like everyone is loving this new ObjectDock. I am currently using RK Launcher, how does this compare to RK Launcer?

Sweet screen UncleSpellBinder.

It destroys RKlauncher (IMO)

Are there any weather widgets that use Weather.com? Or does anybody have a copy of the old weather widget, I don't like the new weather widget that uses accuweather.

Downloaded it.

Works nice, but one question: how do you make certain file extensions have certain images in the dock? I know it can do it, it used to with my MS Word files but it quit.

Thanks.

Are there any weather widgets that use Weather.com? Or does anybody have a copy of the old weather widget, I don't like the new weather widget that uses accuweather.

This is a post from the developer of ObjectDock.

Hi everyone! Just so you know, its a brand new weather backend on our servers, so we're still working on that for international locations. If your location doesn't work right now, don't worry we're working hard in conjunction with AccuWeather to get *all* available locations up and running! Smile.gif

A note also about locations: right now it can be a little finicy about what you put in. Particularly, if you're a Canada resident be aware that you don't want to do say "Toronto, Canada", but use the province abbreviation...so..."Toronto, ON". Another example, "London, England" won't work.. but "London, United Kingdom" will. And for the US, you can do "48104" or "Ann Arbor, MI", but you can't spell out the state name and have it work...so "Ann Arbor, Michigan" would fail.

:)

Where are the settings to customize the text? :huh:

If you mean font, size, bold, italic and such. It's in Configure Dock > General > Miscellaneous Options > Fonts. If you mean changing/altering the name of a given icon, right-click the icon > Dock Entry Properties > Title.

If you mean font, size, bold, italic and such. It's in Configure Dock > General > Miscellaneous Options > Fonts. If you mean changing/altering the name of a given icon, right-click the icon > Dock Entry Properties > Title.

I meant the first one you said. Thanks :)

just a quick question since i havn't used od in a long time. does the dock itself still zoom in/out when you move over the icons as they expand or can it fully mimic the osx dock now?

just a quick question since i havn't used od in a long time. does the dock itself still zoom in/out when you move over the icons as they expand or can it fully mimic the osx dock now?

The icons get bigger, the bar stays the same height, but just gets longer. Does that answer your question? :)