Sony Acid on Vista Alternative?

the well known editer sony acid pro doesn't work on Vista, infact, the install file doesn't even open, maybe due to installer issues or something..

Has anyone got it to work?

Also, What is a good audio editing/mixing software that supports Vista?

I tried the opensource audacity, but it isn't as complex as acid pro (one reason it being free)

A friend of mine in Florida is using Acid Pro on Vista Ultimate with zero problems. Said it installed just as easily as it did on XP, SP2. Though it's not Acid Pro, I have been using Acid Music Studio 6 on Vista Home Premium with zero problems. Also installed as easily as it did on XP, SP2.

AcidPro 6 works fine - except for Media Manager (which I never used, anyways) cuz it uses the old database engine. Sony Sound Forge 9 is new & works specifically for Vista, and is a pure audio editor - but not much for "mixing", primarily since it does not offer multitrack support (multichannel, yes - multitrack - no). Besides, for mixing you probably should think re: big DAW suites. Currently, CW Sonar6 PE is about the best/maybe the only DAW software suites that actually works/was designed for Vista (AND multicore/processor systems)- and Cakewalk offers great customer support. I use AP6, SF9 and Sonar6 PE in Vista Ultimate, without any serious problems.