Uxtheme for XP SP3

Hello. I installed SP3 for windows xp. Its working fine but I need a new modified uxtheme to make vista transformation pack work perfectly.

I couldnt find one for SP3, does anyone know where I can find?

Hello. I installed SP3 for windows xp. Its working fine but I need a new modified uxtheme to make vista transformation pack work perfectly.

Probably nowhere until SP3 final is released to the public, versus using an RC1.

• 2 weeks later...
Will the 3244 dll still work, or do I need to wait for a 3264 dll?

This version file does not work when you come back from Hybernation mode.

So, I want new versions file,too.

Thanks for the suggestion Dreamz, I tried all that and it still doesn't want to work correctly for me. I'll just live without for now.

did you sort it mate, trying to do this too....as well as sort other problems...

did you sort it mate, trying to do this too....as well as sort other problems...

I thought I'd give it one more try and used one of the older patches. So I used the 3244 instead of the patch for the 3264 and it seems to work perfectly.

Why the hell would someone want to install SP3 Release candidates except testing reasons? But let's say someone has a reason (curiosity or whatever) ,why is this person wondering that it messed up his "untill then" well working OS ?...If that person is a "pro" than I guess he or she could deal with the problem without any additional help and if not than it's obvious that it wasn't meant for him(her) to use.

• 1 month later...

HEy! This worked for build 3300 RC2

http://www.withinwindows.com/uxthemes/[

This is the RS link for the hacked uxtheme and the newer version of Replacer. It really did work for me!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/90311668/Modif...uxtheme.dll.rar

Just use replacer to swap the old one with the new unlocked one. Just be sure to use the left side browse button to search for the old uxtheme.dll. It is in the %windows%\system32\uxtheme.dll.

Use the right side browse button to add the new uxtheme.dll. Then press replace and Presto. Reboot and go into the display section of the Control Panel and change your theme.

Why the hell would someone want to install SP3 Release candidates except testing reasons? But let's say someone has a reason (curiosity or whatever) ,why is this person wondering that it messed up his "untill then" well working OS ?...If that person is a "pro" than I guess he or she could deal with the problem without any additional help and if not than it's obvious that it wasn't meant for him(her) to use.

There is always someone that is willing to put the next man down!!!

Edited by BLINDMENCANSEEGOOD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Here is version .5512 which is the FINAL release of Service Pack 3, enjoy!

thank you SO much for this. I've been trolling around the internet looking for a REAL patched uxtheme.dll file.

• 3 weeks later...
Here is version .5512 which is the FINAL release of Service Pack 3, enjoy!

After much pain I figured out that people like me, who have limited accounts as well must set the permissions of their %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\uxtheme.dll to allow "users" to have read and exectution rights on it.

Otherwise you'll get the mysterious "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)" from explorer.exe at logon. It's all just because this patcher doesn't keep the original rights of the uxtheme.dll file. So don't panic, just log on as an administrator and add your "users" group at the security panel of uxtheme.dll.

Aur?l