bye bye keyboard and mouse

I came across this little talk and I just sat there with my chin hanging on my chest in amazement. Using this opens soooo many new possibilities in human <-> machine interaction...and experimental art/music/movie/design lover that I am, I immediately thought about all the possibilities it opens up in those fields.

click me

and if this has been posted before, pls forgive, but this thing really got my heart pumping.

That's very neat, but I doubt something like that will be available for the consumer any time soon. (For those who can't see the video, it's basically an advanced version of the touch screen, and can translate multiple taps at once.)

WOW :woot:

That is by far the coolest thing I've seen in a long time.

Now we just need a 3D-holographic sensor in it and DAMN will HL2 be more awesome than ever :fro:

Very impressive! However, I'm not sure if this kind of thing will go to the consumer market right away. I would think something like this would be used by engineers and other designers and then eventually may make it's way to stores where any person can buy it (at a reasonable cost).

It's still very cool though!

I agree with drgnfyre, it probably wont be out for consumer use for quite a while. Even though he mentions that it is low cost, market demand and innovation will lead to it having an extortionate cost when it does first debut. On another thought, this would be amazing to use for photo or video editing. It allows a complexity that just cant be match using traditional 2d controls. I'd love to have one, but doubt I could afford it :(

The video sucks big time...it keeps loosing the connection. Of the time I spent watching it, half was spent waiting for the buffering.
Oh crap. That video didn't show up when I went to the page. I just clicked download video podcast and watched it in quicktime :D

Yeah, has been posted before I think, but not this particular video... :)

Ditto.

Anybody remember the "desktop" interface video? With the stacking of files, etc? 5-10 years from now I see that interface and this touch screen stuff being the norm. Exciting stuff!