Dreamscene Update

Just to let everyone know there is a update for dreamscene on windows update for all us ultimate users.

untitledmr3.png

yeah just installed it, and the option to show dreamscenes is still greyed out on my system - I use Nvida drivers on Geforce 6600 card. has anyone worked how to get it to work?

Gawd, those Dreamscenes look really crappy...the quality is really bad compared to others.

Using DeskScapes I am using this one http://lotherius.wincustomize.com/skins.as...17&libid=50 and it has been the best one so far for me

Yea, I have to say I've been really surprised at how good some of the After Effects type Dreams have come out. My favorite one I think is this one http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...04&libid=50

The Microsoft ones I think are pretty good. The new Plasma one that they released was done by Stardock Design.

I really like the plasma one and the stream. :woot:

Now where can I find the blue version...

Exactly. The plasma one is cool but not the stark raving bright yellow version. Man that hurts the eyes!

After installing this I'm noticing rundll32.exe errors every time I open the DreamScene content in Personalization, I think it has something to do with the thumbnails that aren't being displayed for these .mpegs it also happens when I browse to the folder. Any know about this?

Exactly. The plasma one is cool but not the stark raving bright yellow version. Man that hurts the eyes!

No kidding, didn't their Mom's tell them its not good to stare at the Sun? ;)

Thanks Island! Too bad MS didn't pick that one instead.

LOL, WTF spanish users with the 32bits ultimate version can't download it :angry: :angry:

36325387te4.png

Are we :alien: ?

I guess DreamScene requires localization before it's made available, although I don't understand why, as it's just a multimedia thing.

After installing this I'm noticing rundll32.exe errors every time I open the DreamScene content in Personalization, I think it has something to do with the thumbnails that aren't being displayed for these .mpegs it also happens when I browse to the folder. Any know about this?

Hye there try google it i already fix mine, i think there is an issue with nero , here is the fix.

under c:\program files\common files\ahead\dsfilter\

rename the following two items as follows:

nevideo.ax - rename this (for example 1nevideo.ax)

nerovideoproc.ax - also rename this one (for example 1nerovideoproc.ax )

reboot. that should fix it. it's not a vista issue but a nero issue.

Anyone else getting something like 20% cpu usage with dreamscene on, just idle? I thought it was supposed to be purely gpu driven?

Only uses up 2% here, it heavely depends on the media type and if the VDDM drivers are optimized enough (video drivers in vista)... WMV files use up a lot more processor usage because of the compression type, MPEG files seem to run more smooth processor speed wise

Anyone else getting something like 20% cpu usage with dreamscene on, just idle? I thought it was supposed to be purely gpu driven?

I'm having the same problem with x86 Vista, DreamScene take 15-25% of CPU juice. And I also found that when using Media Player in full screen, I get some background flicker of my dreamscene... Weird thing is, even if I turn OFF DS, I still get the flicker. If I uninstall DS, everything is OK.

I'm using the latest nVidia driver on my 7900GT.

But current DS is only in "preview" so I'm hoping it's going to be better when it's Gold.

Hye there try google it i already fix mine, i think there is an issue with nero , here is the fix.

under c:\program files\common files\ahead\dsfilter\

rename the following two items as follows:

nevideo.ax - rename this (for example 1nevideo.ax)

nerovideoproc.ax - also rename this one (for example 1nerovideoproc.ax )

reboot. that should fix it. it's not a vista issue but a nero issue.

Thanks a lot, I reinstalled and updated nero and it fixed it, but I would never have guess it was nero :)

.wmv uses a lot more cpu power and most of the work is CPU based right now, so wait for the final to get the good performance for both wmv and mpeg hopfullly

yeah just installed it, and the option to show dreamscenes is still greyed out on my system - I use Nvida drivers on Geforce 6600 card. has anyone worked how to get it to work?

What do you mean greyed out?

Do you mean when you're on the desktop with a normal wallpaper and you right click?

Or do you mean when you in the actual desktop backgrounds menu selecting it?