Hacked eBay account!

Wow, came home from work today and noticed in my email confirmations that I had successfully listed 25 different iPod's.... Well I didn't!!! I am currently in a dispute with another eBay user and I bet he did this, but how?!?!? How was this done and so fast?? My password's were all untouched, now I've changed them all, but they weren't changed. I have contacted eBay and hopefully they can fix the fee's so I don't have to pay them and then I'm shutting my eBay account down. God, what a day!!! What's up with this?!?!?

Keep a decent antivirus, don't run mysterious EXEs? Don't fall for phishing scams? You weren't "hacked", someone obviously stole your password.

I had the same thing happen to me. One moment I was surfing the net, the next I had cars, trailers and motorboats for sale. I panicked. Luckily eBay locked down my account, and had to spend 3 hours trying to fix it. Passwords for Ebay, PayPal, and Hotmali were potentially compromised. It wasn't fun at all.

Did you expect a 'hacker' to have to take weeks or years to get your password. Im willing to bet he sent you something phishy and you fell for it and sent him your password during the 'conflict'.

I'm always careful.. oh well, what's happend has happend.... waiting on an ebay agent right now... damn!

Most likely you got suckered into one of those phising emails that look like they are from eBay, I admit I was once caught off guard by one of them, and actually signed into my ebay account

minutes later I realized what I did and quickly changed my password and username.

Well, I've turned the phishing filter on in IE7 on vista... is there any other precautions I can take?? All of my passwords are different now and all have the MAX amount of charactor's and numbers, capital letters, etc. What other ways can I protect myself?

I got one needing to conform my account sererl years ago... but i did not have an eby ccount SCAM

i'm really not sure what happend.. all emails i got from a user on ebay i sold my 360 to were not spoof messages, unless he's so good that he went way into detail to fool me.. but all the emails i got were through ebay and were in my messages. unless someone else did this i don't know for sure.. oh well, nothing i can do about it now, but he told me they were investigating it. hopefully they find out who did it and arrest him or something!! not sure if i'm going to continue to use my ebay account, might be done with that! i guess you really can't trust anyone on the web!!! LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!

Well, I've turned the phishing filter on in IE7 on vista... is there any other precautions I can take?? All of my passwords are different now and all have the MAX amount of charactor's and numbers, capital letters, etc. What other ways can I protect myself?

Well I don't know much about it, but I wouldn't say it's enough to rely on software to keep you safe. Your brain is also required to protect you when people get round the software.

Do you use those questions/hints that are set up for when you forget a password? I hate the fact that you usually have to put something in that might let someone else get hold of your password. Anyway, if you can remember them, you could use unexpected answers. So don't say "yellow" is your favourit colour, say that it's "national8/?geographic>1" or something.

i'm really not sure what happend.. all emails i got from a user on ebay i sold my 360 to were not spoof messages, unless he's so good that he went way into detail to fool me.. but all the emails i got were through ebay and were in my messages. unless someone else did this i don't know for sure.. oh well, nothing i can do about it now, but he told me they were investigating it. hopefully they find out who did it and arrest him or something!! not sure if i'm going to continue to use my ebay account, might be done with that! i guess you really can't trust anyone on the web!!! LESSON LEARNED!!!!!!

What was the conflict about? Why do you think it was him? What evidence do you really have that it was him? It could have been anyone - who would you blame if you had not had contact with this person?

Anyway your last sentence (bold) seems to be aiming to "put down" the internet in some way. I find quite a stupid thing to say. Would you trust a stranger in the street? Err... no. Why would you expect to be able to trust strangers on the internet then?

Same **** happened for me, But I dont even check my email so phishing = doesnt happen.

I think I got unlucky and got a virus.