SevenVG: Download Windows 7 PDC Theme for Windows XP

Windows7logo.png

As we know Windows 7 beta build has been released. Windows 7 contains a new GUI. New taskbar, new startmenu, new Explorer, etc. You can take a look at following review which includes almost all new features in Windows 7:

What's New in Windows 7: A Small Review with Screenshots

This new theme "SevenVG" has been created for Windows XP users and it can provide a similar Windows 7 look in XP.

Windows_7_PDC_Theme_for_XP_by_Vishal_Gupta.png

Download Link

This theme contains 4 sub-styles:

• Aero32 (for 32x icon size)
  • Aero48 (for 48x icon size)
  • Bottom32 (for 32x icon size)
  • Bottom48 (for 48x icon size)

Aero32 and Aero48 contain left common tasks in Explorer. On the other hand, Bottom32 and Bottom48 contain bottom common tasks. So feel free to use whichever do you want.

Download Link

More Info & Instructions

Edited by Vishal Gupta

^^ I was not aware of that theme. Also since I didnt create that, I'm not supposed to include that in my theme as I have created this theme from scratch. :)

This new theme "SevenVG" has been created for Windows XP users and it'll provide same Windows 7 look-n-feel in XP.

you shouldn't overpromise things you cna't possibly deliver.

It may be good, I dunno, I don't use XP.

however, it's arguably "your" theme since you just copied some features of Widnows 7.

My point was that you said the theme gae you the window s7 look and feel. What you get, it a small part of the widnows 7 look, and none of the feel. unlss your theme magically has the superbr on XP with the animated color lights and can be color ustomized according to the users wishes.

So basically what you have there, is yet another Vista Aero theme or XP.

• 2 weeks later...

One question though. In all screenshots concerning Windows 7-like iconized taskbar I see no text in window tab on taskbar. Cool. But while the tweak provided does give me the iconized taskbar in Windows XP, yet at least one letter or sometimes two of text persists in window tab. Is there something about this VS that won't allow to rid myself of text completely?

FYI

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

In right-side pane, create a new String value MinWidth and set its value to -255

I still get the text. Maybe something to do with this vs? Most likely limitation in XP?

See screenshot attached.

post-44542-1228833904.gif

Edited by bcool

The Win7 GUI is still in beta, don't forget that... I have used it only for a few days (cause my computer is very old) and I loved it. Of course, there is a lot of default themes that you can use, and even if that doesn't suit you, don't worry, when the time comes, we'll have things like WindowBlinds for Win7 and such, but until then...

I really like this VS, it bugs me a bit that I can't have a glassy taskbar and window borders, but it's definetly better than anything I've seen done with WindowBlinds (and I tried them out all)

this is no stab at you personally, but does anyone else think windows 7 is very ugly? in my opinion it is just horrible and a step back from the right direction.

You sir, should be hung by your knees until you squeal