Shortcut to fast shutdown/restart help

58. Fun with Shortcuts 4: Create a Shortcut to Shutdown or Restart Your PC

You can create quick desktop shortcuts to shutdown or lock your PC with this handy tip.

To do this right click an empty area of the desktop or folder where you wish to create the shortcut and hit 'new\shortcut.' For the location of the shortcut, enter 'shutdown -s -t 01' for a shutdown command or 'shutdown -r -t 01' for a restart. Hit 'next' and give your shortcut an appropriate name.

Ok, so I want to add a restart and shutdown to my object dock area, which looks like this :

shortcut0vl.jpg

For shutdown its shutdown -s -t 01, so do I put this in the link or argument box?

Thanks

Link: C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe

Arguments: -s -t 01

...why are you setting it to 1 second when you could just set it to 0?

You can also add a Shutdown Icon with an enhanced context menu to ObjectDock (see screenshot).

Unzip the attached zip and merge "Add shutdown.reg" (this will add the Shutdown Icon to Entire Network). *

Copy NirCmd.* to your System32 directory, NirCmd is a free command line utility (does'nt run in the background).

Add the Icon to ObjectDock:

Add -> New Shortcut -> Right Click on the New Shortcut and select Dock Entry Properties...

Copy and paste the following line in the Link part:

::{208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D}\EntireNetwork\::{00000000-2000-0000-0000-000000000002}

Change the Image and you're done. :)

* If you want to use the Eject PC command (Laptop), merge "Add Shutdown +Eject.reg" and copy Eject PC.vbs to your System32 directory.

? ?post-20663-1152697656.jpgLeft Click -> Shutdownb> Right Click -> Context Menub>

More info and Icons @ the Desktop Icons without Text thread.

[/Herby]

Shutdown.zip