When do you think the world will in?

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

Some dates mentioned alot are

and

I think God exists, and so does everything else. The world is too far complicated to just have happend. And the thought of how things just exist, and where the raw materials come from doesn't make sense. I know to some that how God can always exist doesn't make sense either, and I respect that, I just personally believe for things to happen the way they did, there needed to be something behind it, like God. The human brain in itself is confusing, and its ability to think.

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

and

586456453[/snapback]

After I die

No

No

No

No

The world ends when we get sucked into a black hole billions of years from now blasting everything to oblivion. So long that humans will have been long extinct or flown off in our starships to a galaxy far far away.

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

and

586456453[/snapback]

well....we are currently destroying it so soon....maybe 20 - 50 years

no, if scientifics prove that the gods from mythology (hercules and all those guys) didnt excist why dont they prove that this one dosent excist neither? cause people that beliaves about him and followers will turn against the goverment. havent you heard about evolution? (just my opinion so dont flame)

no

no

no

no

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

and

586456453[/snapback]

It'll be around for a few hundred thousand years (That doesn't necessarily mean life will still exist here).

No.

Maybe.

No.

No.

Kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Edited by shihchiun

i think that the world will end soon if we dont realize what harm we are doing to the planet.

no but i am not sacreligous

maybe

if you belive in it

^

maybe

i still belive in evolution because there is actual proof of it. i dont see proof of god cept for in a book. just my opinion.

the earth will probably never "end" (if that was possible), in a few billion years, the sun runs out of fuel, then the earth freezes, and it just sits there forever, unless something interacts with it, like a comet for example.

and for the other questions:

no

no

no

no

no

When do you think the world will in? Long after I die, if ever.

Do you think god exist? Absolutely not.

Does jesus exist? He may have. If he did, he's dead. He was nobody special.

Heaven? No.

Hell? No.

Life after death? Should be obvious by now that the answer is no.

the earth will probably never "end" (if that was possible), in a few billion years, the sun runs out of fuel, then the earth freezes, and it just sits there forever, unless something interacts with it, like a comet for example.

Or.... the earth will get destroyed.

The Sun will run out of fuel in about 5 billion (5,000,000,000) years. When this happens, the Sun will explode into a planetary nebula, a giant shell of gas that will destroy the planets in the Solar System (including Earth).

the sun runs out of fuel, then the earth freezes, and it just sits there forever,

586456683[/snapback]

The sun runs out of fuel and the earth freezes? lol?

Ever heard of Red Giant and White Dwarf?

I agree with Intelman. If you think we got from being an Amoeba to where we are now by random dumb luck then your using more faith then people who believe in God. God does not have to be limited to one religion. I think that there had to be a divine plan for us to get where we are now. Having said that I don't think the planner watches down on us and gets mad if you don't go to church every week. I think the world could probably use more people who believe there is someone who holds them to a higher moral standard then wild animals. Man's inhumanity to man that we see these days is truly frightening.

The oldest earth-born rocks that have been dated are around 3.9 billion years old, but the actual age of the earth from its formation is closer to 4.54 billion years old (~1%).

Given the expected lifespan of the sun, the Earth could survive another 5 or so billion years if all goes well.

Life, of course, will probably never end. And likely the universe will not either.

It's safe to assume that the God of popular religion does not exist (other than as an abstract concept in the minds of believers). At this point we have no evidence of life more advanced than our own in the universe. That doesn't mean it isn't out there - in fact I'd be surprised if it isn't. But it's doubtful that any of those lifeforms were responsible for the creation of man or the universe.

Jesus, as in the one referenced in the chrisitian bible, did exist. Records indicate that he was a carpenter. Of course he's long, long dead.

Heaven and Hell are mythological creations of man's imagination. They're often useful for motivating people to make morally sound judgements. However, they're not meant to be taken literally, and these days (like most of religion) they're wielded by pseudo-religious zealots to convince others to conform to their views.

How can you live after you're dead? The definition of death is the end of one's life. When you're dead, that's it. Game over.

Now, if you want to argue that it's possible to live forever through one of a variety of means, that's different. For example, it's quite likely that with a sufficient understanding of the universe, one could maintain a human body indefinitely. It's also quite reasonable that consciousness could be transferred to another body, or possibly even another form entirely.

However, we're a long way from having the technology to accomplish those feats. Partly to blame is religion (if it hadn't been for the Dark Ages, we'd have long been colonizing space today).

I agree with Intelman. If you think we got from being an Amoeba to where we are now by random dumb luck then your using more faith then people who believe in God.

586456761[/snapback]

No one is suggesting that we evolved by "dumb luck." We evolved because that's what life does. It's the tendency of matter to organize on a molecular level into simple proto-organic RNA, which does work to produce both proteins and new RNA proto-organisms (ie. the very beginnings of reproduction). That's the hard part. From there evolution to our current form is pretty easy.

When do you think the world will end?

many years afterwe're gone

Do you think god exist?

yes but not like the bible, torah, koran, or other "good book"'s describe

Does jesus exist?

he did (a great man, too bad most of his followers got it all wrong)

Heaven?

not in the since most religions teach

Hell?

only in life

Life after death?

kinda

maybe nuclear holocaust

and

according to the mayans, the year that mans tools take over which is only possible with the advent of computers

When do you think the world will in? Dont know

Do you think god exist? yes

Does jesus exist? he existed

Heaven? no

Hell? no

Life after death? dont know

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

and

586456453[/snapback]

1. Less than 100 Years. It's humanities fault though.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. Yes, but not the reincarnation type

I completely agree with threedaysdwn.

Can you remember anything before you were born? No, you can't because you didn't exist, and the exact same thing happens when you finially kick the bucket.

The end.

Do you think god exist?

Does jesus exist?

Heaven?

Hell?

Life after death?

and

586456453[/snapback]

Doesn't matter what I think about it, it will end (as we know it) when God wants it to.

I know He does.

I know He does.

Yes

Yes

Yes

I agree with Intelman. If you think we got from being an Amoeba to where we are now by random dumb luck then your using more faith then people who believe in God.

586456761[/snapback]

I figured my original response could use some more detail, since most people here seem to have no clue about how life began.

You start with a sufficiently complex molecule (ribonucleic acid) that it can perform two functions. I visualize this as a sphere. One side of the sphere has the approriate electron pattern so that when it comes in contact with certain materials, it reorganizes them into amino acids. The other side has the right pattern to reorganize certain materials into a new RNA molecule.

As it comes in contact with the appropriate materials, it performs this work. That's how I imagine you quite literally "get the ball rolling." Once that happens enough, a sufficiently large concentration of amino acids can form proteins... and now you have all the building blocks of life as we know it.

Even those proto-organic RNA molecules have characteristics shared with most basic lifeforms. They consume, and they reproduce. And fortunately, as a side effect, they do some useful work (produce proteins). Sounds like my life pretty much ;)

But seriously, most of your basic lifeforms lead a very simple existence very much like that. Building from that up to the humanoid form took hundreds of millions of years. It's not like it happened over night.

It's a bit more complicated than that of course. Evolution requires formation of long chain compounds such as fatty acids, RNA, DNA, complex sugars as well as proteins. In fact, part of the reason those compounds could form is that the Earth contained very little O2 at that time.

If you're interested, read up

- When life's over

Do you think god exist?

- God is a creation of man. When science wasn't evolved enough (in the old days right?) to make them understand how some things in life worked, they found out it was easy to claim that this "God" did it all somehow.

Does jesus exist?

- Maybe... Maybe he was a regular human being who made lots of noise and was a rebel. What I find weird is there ar eno official paintings of him. You'd think that someone as "big" as Jesus would have been painted without his perimssion by big artists but no eh?..

Heaven?

- If there is one, it's not here.

Hell?

- Life is hell... It's hell on earth. (too easy :rofl: )

Life after death?

- We'll never know, just like the existence of God so I'll just say no. These patients claiming "tunnels" of lights in near-death experiences were all stoned from the insufficient oxygen.

and

The future is the unknown. Nothing is 100%. Claiming that something "really bad" is gonna happen on those specific dates is pure "gibberishy" but I can tell you one thing, China will have become a world leader and Super Power by then (despite being communist), at least from the looks of it.

When do you think the world will end?

The world itself? In 5 billion years, of course.

Do you think god exist?

Across the ages, gods have been made up by man and then ignored and forgotten, eventually becoming a chapter in the mythology books. Christianity, and the other popular religions of today are no different.

Does jesus exist?

He may have at one point, but if he did, he's been dead for nearly 2000 years.

Heaven? Hell?

Everything about you, your personality and memories, are the result of countless millions of connections in your brain, interacting in incredibly complex ways. In order for 'heaven' or 'hell' to exist, all of this would need to be stored in a place other than your brain, a 'soul' if you will. Take a look at people who suffer from brain damage. Are you trying to tell me that your 'soul' keeps a perfect copy of everything about you until something 'bad' happens to your brain? I don't buy it.

Life after death?

Oxymoron. When you die, your brain ceases to function and everything about you stops existing.

Some dates mentioned alot are 2007 and 2012

There will always be religious loons raving about the end of the world coming in two years. When those dates come and pass, it'll be 2015 and 2020. Remember Y2K? It's no different.

hot topic....

The world is going to end when it's suppose to end.

Live life the way you think your suppose to live the way you see is the correct way.

As for the rest of the questions I keep my own person relgious views / feeling / beliefs to my own self but I do respect the view of others as long as there not neative / hateful to others.

(Edit) looking back it is rather "vague" but in reguards to the question that's how I feel.