is there an extension liek this?

Can firefox serparate files you download in different maps?

Like when you download an ZIP file it put the zip file in C:\ZIPfiles and when you download an EXE file it puts it is c:\Programs???

Or do i need anextension?

Ok thnk you for your reply, But the files that i wanted to sort were Bootscreens andlogon screens. The file names are .bootskin and .logonxp But these dont work it just downloads thse files to the efault download map. But other file types like JPG do work. why?

Ok thnk you for your reply, But the files that i wanted to sort were Bootscreens andlogon screens. The file names are .bootskin and .logonxp But these dont work it just downloads thse files to the efault download map. But other file types like JPG do work. why?

I've never seen such an extension as .bootskin and .logonxp. Can you post a link for us to try? I was going to recommend Downloadsort myself until I read from yur post that it wouldn't work for you.

Thanks. Appears you are correct. I'm trying to get in touch with the extension developer to confirm it is because the links on wincustomize are actually javascript calls and that may be interfering with Download Sort's ability to handle the files.

Hopefully have an answer today.

Got a reply from DevonJ:

Re: Getting DLSort to work with .bootskins

? Reply #1 on Yesterday at 5:37pm ?

yes,

this doesn't work for redirected/dynamic links.

Meaning that if it is a javascript or php link then download sort wont function and FF will default back to its own download manager. Sorry.

As an alternative you might want to try Magpie 3.2.4 which works with FF 1.5. You can specify .bootskin and .logonxp and designate a folder location. Then when you want to save the items you just hit CTRL+Shift+S and it saves it in the background. Great for lots of other media as well.

Another one I would recommend is DownThemAll! 0.9.8.7 as a downloader. With it you can also specify the extensions and a folder location. Adds a right click option in the context menu.