Firefox 3 Theme - What do you think?

Firefox 3 Theme  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox 3 Theme - What do you think?

• Excellent
    • Not bad
    • Far from perfection
    • Rubbish

What do you think of the new Firefox 3 theme? What would you change?

ff3b4_mainwindow.png

My thought's are that they're 'Far from perfection', but that's being kind.

I know there are more important changes in Firefox. But this is just a thread

to gather Neowinian's thought on the Firefox 3 theme.

My least favorite features of the new UI / Theme:

- The Location Bar is aweful.

- The back '<' and forward '>' orbs are terrible.

- The new icons don't suit Vista... or Windows XP. But the Vista ones are worst.

- The new RSS Icon, yellow and orange?! :x

The Theme is an Epic Fail. How could have Mozilla got it so wrong?

Edited by 1Frothy

The toolbar icons aren't much of an improvement from the older ones and look crappy in small icon mode. The speed of Firefox 3 more than makes up for the GUI shortcomings.

man i'm going to stick with my FF 2

Why? It's just a browser. Doesn't change the fact it is faster than the competition. And you could always use themes, just like FF2.

Scirwode

Why? It's just a browser. Doesn't change the fact it is faster than the competition. And you could always use themes, just like FF2.

Scirwode

Don't worry, that's what themes are for. Just download one that looks like FF2 if you're so concerned about it.

well then i guess i'll wait for Tango's theme update ;]

I hope there's an option to turn off that awful looking location bar.

And why is the Bookmarks 'Gold Star' so much like the ghastly gold star from Gmail? :ermm:

man i'm going to stick with my FF 2

I gotta agree with others saying it too, no offense ok, but come on, you'd have to be pretty stupid to refuse Firefox 3 just because of the theme. You'd be missing out on ALOTTT of new features, and memory usage improvements, and performance increases, and soooo much more.

I hope there's an option to turn off that awful looking location bar

There was, hidden away in about:config but for some reason the dev's decided to remove it, completely ignoring user feedback posted on the bugtracker about it. I think its a terrible addition to the default browser that is better served by an addon (Or at least an option to disable it)

If you want to disable it, download an extension called "Oldbar"

just out of curiosity.. is this the way it should look on linux? i heard its having native looks for each OS but the windows version is looking radically different

post-242392-1205745215_thumb.jpg

just out of curiosity.. is this the way it should look on linux? i heard its having native looks for each OS but the windows version is looking radically different

Looks ok, on Linux it'll use GTK provided icons rather than icons out of the theme (only on the default of course)

Looks ok, on Linux it'll use GTK provided icons rather than icons out of the theme (only on the default of course)

hmmm.. yeah.. figured that when i changed the icon package.. looks nice on linux IMO

There was, hidden away in about:config but for some reason the dev's decided to remove it, completely ignoring user feedback posted on the bugtracker about it. I think its a terrible addition to the default browser that is better served by an addon (Or at least an option to disable it)

If you want to disable it, download an extension called "Oldbar"

Thankyou. Seriously, I appreciate the tip. (Y)

You know, I don't know why everyone puts up a screenshot of the big icons. I, along with many of my friends, don't even use the large icons.

That said, the smaller icons are so much better:

myff3.jpg