Aero Titlebar will be available on XP!

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to blur what's underneath like LH does.

586246703[/snapback]

That would be hard to do, but yes, is the one very appealing thing about longhorns version :yes: (Y)

I'm sorry, but there is a difference between transparent titlebars and a fully 3D accelerated GUI with Pixel Shader effects.

I really think people are going overboard with this.

i believe frogboy, the maker of that skin is a member here.

586247890[/snapback]

He's on the news staff and the creator of Windowblinds. Neowin has a healthy relationship with Stardock :)

WindowBlinds  :x  :x  :x  :x

586246936[/snapback]

Don't be so 1999 its gotten much better.

very pretty, no doubt. How much extra CPU/Memory does such stuff take (I have never tried WB)?

586247965[/snapback]

WindowsBlinds (wbload.exe) is using 0% CPU and 1280K of RAM.

windowsblinds isn't as bad as people think, its just not free.

Though I only use it because I screwed up my UxTheme.dll and I was too lazy to fix it.

Well, svchost.exe on my comp (which holds the theme engine) was over 44mb when i used WindowBlinds (4.5.1) and is currently 23mb when using a modified uxtheme.dll. As i said in the DesktopX 3.1 comments (which was deleted) after trying all of StarDocks Suite, I find IconPackager the only usefull program.

But its my personal opinion :)

Great news. :D And for the people going "Windowblinds :x :x :x :x :x", blame the skins, not the program. Stardock can't be blamed for all of those crappy Windowblinds skins, eh? Some Windowblinds skins can be real gems, this one appears so too. :)

P.S. Windowblinds has never slowed my machine.

And I just found this:

If you look back at that Longhorn screenshot, doesn't it look to you that those titlebars aren't simply transparent? They seems to be almost translucent - the text behind is really blurred as if it were actually being viewed through a pane of thick glass or something.

Will WB do that?

The yranslucent start panel in WB does that so why shouldnt the titlebars? :o)