Amazing WindowBlinds 5 Skins

I installed WB5 today and I gotta say, Im impressed, I remember back in the old days when WB was DOG SLOW and every skin had at least one annoying flaw and/or glitch. Gotta give Stardock credit, they've pulled their finger out and WB5 is running smoothly :D

Im running build 49 x86, me thinks thats a final build :huh:

Now I know when it comes to WB skins, Kol is God (i watch him on dA) but aside from his work, i havent seen much else so im sure there are plenty of good skins out there just as good as his :yes:

My requirements are that the skin has a thin taskbar and a compact startmenu... and some nice transparency effects if poss.

Also, is it true that WB uses less resources then the default Windows GUI, I dont see how this is possible with transparency effects and also the fact that the Windows GUI is built into the kernel.

Thanks in advance :D

First things first though....delete your warez version and go buy it before you start enjoying its benefits

lmao, warez - who uses that any more and who says im using a 'warez' version anyway?

lmao, warez - who uses that any more and who says im using a 'warez' version anyway?

Because 49 is a beta and the final was released. If you actually own it, fire up Stardock Central and download the current version for free.

Because 49 is a beta and the final was released. If you actually own it, fire up Stardock Central and download the current version for free.

Build 49 isn't a beta, because I downloaded the final off SDC and my one says build 49.

WindowBlinds 5.0 System Information Report:

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC.

WindowBlinds appears to be activated on this PC

You have Stardock WindowFX running.  Please be aware that WindowBlinds 5 is not compatible with WindowFX 2.11 or 2.19.  WindowFX 2.5 beta which is compatible with WindowBlinds 5 will be released later this year

Your machine supports per pixel borders on WindowBlinds skins.

You have one monitor in total.

(Default Monitor) 1 is attached to ATI Mobility Radeon M7 

Wblind.dll	 	2005/11/28 13:57:10
Wbsrv.dll	 	2005/11/28 15:52:00
Wbconfig.exe	 	2005/11/28 16:19:00
Wbload.exe	 	2005/11/25 19:30:58
Wbhelp.dll	 	2004/09/18 16:37:00
Wbui.dll	 	2005/11/20 12:23:40
Tray.dll	 	2005/11/02 13:28:26

Notice how files are dated 2005/11/28

Ummm, well since it got cracked, tons of people have been posting about how amazing 5 is now....where were you/they when it was in beta?

It doesn't even take a high school degree to know when you're implying your usage of warez....or whatever you call it....but ill let you get back to your ub3r-l33t torrenting

It doesn't even take a high school degree to know when you're implying your usage of warez....or whatever you call it....but ill let you get back to your ub3r-l33t torrenting

nice, nice, and it doesnt take a high school degree to know that someone who's avatar has the caption 'metal library' is a retard.

ok guys, the issue here is not whether im using a 'warez' version - lmao or a real version but where i can find some sweet wb5 skins.

but just to please you all ill tell you that im using the downloaded version that i got from the stardock website, i havent registered it cause i havent got the money.

now, links to nice skins please...

go out and get skinstudio and import your favorite msstyle. thats what I did because aside from KoL's Vista theme there isnt any decent looking skins out there.

go out and get skinstudio and import your favorite msstyle. thats what I did because aside from KoL's Vista theme there isnt any decent looking skins out there.

thanks for the advice, i think im gonna do that, maybe KoL will come out with something new soon :yes:

nice, nice, and it doesnt take a high school degree to know that someone who's avatar has the caption 'metal library' is a retard.

ok guys, the issue here is not whether im using a 'warez' version - lmao or a real version but where i can find some sweet wb5 skins.

but just to please you all ill tell you that im using the downloaded version that i got from the stardock website, i havent registered it cause i havent got the money.

now, links to nice skins please...

you cant use WB5 Skins on anything other than the Enhanced Version from their website which requires activation....The shareware version only allows you to use the WB 5 skins that come with it.

and i already told you where to get nice skins, just click on that first url and look through them

Apart from the issue of whether or not you have a legit version.... :whistle:

I am of the belief that it is meant to be more than just for a vista or os x look alike.

So some of my favorites are:

A touch of glass2: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...ID=5414&LibID=1

WinAjuda: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...ID=5427&LibID=1

DogmaX 4: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...ID=4221&LibID=1

Dreamland: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.aspx?...ID=5364&LibID=1

My favorite right now and it is my December desktop is the 'A touch of glass2': http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/athl...berbigdirty.jpg

I don't like ANY of the current WB5 skins, and I am waiting to get my hands on Skinstudio 5 so I can make some concept skins I made a few months ago.

I don't really think anyone will be overly excited about them though, so I'm probally not going to finish them.

Anyways, the only theme that was oringal in the use of perpixel alpha transparency would have to be a touch of glass2, but my favorite would have to be DogmaX 4, even if it is DogmaX 3 with WB5 fatures and a glassborder.

Can I come look at your (Warez) collection? :rolleyes:

You are using a PC and your 'whiter than white'??...........dont make me laugh!! :whistle: :shifty:

On the Warez topic: I currently have WindowBlinds Retail. I tried the betas and because of how glitchy and buggy they were (and this is my main PC which I use for school) I didn't want to install it and test it. Now that it's in retail, I love the effects. What proof from this would suggest Warez?

Anyways, I have been hooked on Kol's Vista skin. It was the main reason I got WindowsBlinds. I stopped using the transparency though because Full-Screen on Media Player Classic causes my screen to go black, audio to continue and the picture does not.

You can try switching to another renderer instead of Overlay Mixer.

Hmm. But fullscreen playback works here on Media Player Classic with Overlay Mixer even when using KoL's Vista Glass BETA2 and iFlex Compact.

Seriously, now that VistaXP has come to an end, I feel unmotivated to continue using it. Whats the deal of using a skin that I know, people, wont be able to modify, release improvements and stuff? Even matching icons, Microsoft is on the lose :/

I would like a new skin now... Maybe something different, something new...

iFlex is great. Arrow also looks exactly like KoL's VistaXP, except very subtle differences. Glitch, Foton, and Antimatter are amazing themes. Also, I'm surprised almost no one said this, but what about Vector Cell? This is an amazing WB skin, and very, very usable. Also, if you are hung up on trying to find skins, download the free skinstudio, and import .mmstyles into WB themes. Em3lent looks so, soooo good. So will GUI.Air when b0se releases it :pinch: .