Firebird .8 Next Monday

According to a report issued by "The Burning Edge". Mozilla Firebird will hit the .8 milestone officially this coming monday.

Source: BurningEdge

Ben says Firebird 0.8 will be out next Monday:

It's Monday February 9 now. This is the first time I've been confident enough to give a date. This release is going to be the best Firebird yet.

EDIT:

Here's some info on what will be officially fixed or new in the .8 Release

What's New/Fixed

Edited by lardiop

ya.. i couldn't believe it myself when I found it. First time I can remember where we had a few days notice of an official release.

You don't remember .3, .4 and .5 that had a "DRAFT" watermark behind the "release notes" page for a day or two before the page was updated? =) Those were fund days of constant reloading... =)

You don't remember .3, .4 and .5 that had a "DRAFT" watermark behind the "release notes" page for a day or two before the page was updated? =) Those were fund days of constant reloading... =)

o'Course I remember... Those were the good o'l days :D

Just dont remember anything fairly recent, like .6 or .7 where we got some notice :yes:

damn only using teh nightly from 1/20 :-( i wish they would have option for download manager or.. the old way.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040120 Firebird/0.8.0+

I've been using the 0.8 nightly I downloaded last night and I absolutely love it ...

I don't know if the earlier builds had a download manager but that in itself sold me

you can choose a folder where all your downloads go to (handy if you have more then one HDD)

or do a lot of downloading ....Mozilla Firebird in itself is faster on my computer then IE ever dreamt of being

I've posted a pic of the download manager prefs if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about

post-8-1075871776.jpg

has anyone been able to right click and hit save as, or save image as in the nightlies? And why does my nightly, which is supposedly 0.8 say 0.7+ (from Jan 30, 2004)

I was using an SSE optimized 0.7 stable build for a long time. The nightlies were too buggy for awhile. They've been really solid for about a week now. I update every few days. I haven't encountered much for bugs, but I'm sure that I miss stuff. The download manager is definately one of the best things about 0.8. One thing that really bugs me is the cursor you get on all pages now. I mean it's nice to see where you are, but I wish I could turn it off because it annoys me to see a blinking cursor when I click on things. Anyone know of a tweak or hack to get rid of that?

Looking forward to 0.8. I'm really looking forward to 1.0.

The download manager is really sweet. It just has a really nice simple design. I think thats the beauty of firebird, it has a nice simple design. You can actually get to all the different lists and manage them in a very efficient manner.

Does anyone know if I can install firebird without creating a new profile yet? I remember that always being an issue (where you had to create a new profile w/ new profile directory). Is it still?