[general] AutoPatcher XP for other languages

Hi, is this AutoPatcher also available for other languages (eg: Spanish)? or it's included in this app?

Thanks in advance

Lord Vader

Please read the F.A.Q.:
9. Will there be other versions of the AutoPatcher?

Yes, we will work on other language packs and also other Operating Systems.

10. Will the AutoPatcher work with a Non-English Windows XP?

Not currently.

P.S. Welcome to Neowin. :)

P.P.S. If you don't want to wait for us, you can always do it yourself... it's similar to making a custom install. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post how. :)

if you have downloaded all the appropriate updates for dutch version, then you will only have to replace the files in \ProgFiles... i.e you should replace Qxxxxxx.exe with the dutch version you have... I believe Jason will be able to help you via MSN

/Raptor

Thanks! I work in a computershop and update 7 pc's every day!

and that's a lot of bandwith and time..

so with a toturial I can make my own autopatch (and spread it by ftp edonkey etc etc)

thanks a lot! and i'm witing for your tutor ;)

Currently working on it... as far as spreading it... I'd rather you not. I plan on making official language packs for it. And if you spread yours it will confuse people. But don't worry, I'll post how for those who can't wait shortly. :)

Okay, here is the information that was requested on how to make your own custom language install.

Before I begin, I'd like to let everyone know that I plan to release Language Packs for the AutoPatcher after the December release comes out. So if you make your own, PLEASE do not distribute it over the internet. I don't want people to get confused between official versions and ones you've made (though it will say Custom on yours, some people won't know).

Okay then. Now it's time to tell you what to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. You need to download all of the files that you want to be in your custom language from Microsoft.

2. You need to open all the batch files for the files you will be overwriting. Inside there you'll see something like this (I'll use Q322011.bat as an example):

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe" /q /z

You'll note on the file you downloaded it will be written like Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_XXX.exe Now where the XXX is will be your specific language code. For example, English is ENU, German is DEU, etc. In each of these batch files you need to just take out the ENU and replace it with the country code you're using. So if you were converting to German, it would go from:

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe" /q /z

to

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_DEU.exe" /q /z

Then you'd just save it and go to the next. You don't need to change the name of the batch file or anything else. Just those three letters inside. On some files the custom language name of the file is the same, in that case you don't need to edit the batch file.

3. When you're all done with those, you'd need to open the ProgFiles directory. Delete out all the files you plan on replacing, and then copy in yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. Now that you've done that, when running the AutoPatcher, it will install your Language version of the updates, rather than the English Version. If you'd like to add extra updates, just follow the instructions on how to make a custom install. If you need more info or have any problems, please just post your question in this thread and I'll help you. :)

/me doesnt know dutch at all :D maybe if someone offeers to translate it? And, because i know what you will say, no, i dont wanna use those automatic translations... they really suck when it comes to tutorials... will create funny dutch phrases and such...

/Raptor

here a small screenshot tutorial :D i hope it help somehow:

Ill be doing this with Q824141... Most of the hotfixes follow the same procedure (some need special instructions, which Jason will build for you...)

1. put the patch you downloaded in the ProgFiles dir, where the english one is... after this tutorial you can delete the english one...

2. back in the main batch file dir (currently AutoPatcher EXE's folder, but \Batches from December release), i edit the file Q824141.bat (normal version) and Q824141-n.bat (no-backup version)

3. in notepad i change ENU to DEU so it will point to the file you downloaded...

4. save the changes, and its should be ok

5. delete the english version of the Q824141 in \ProgFiles now

screenshot guide (zip)

/Raptor

thanks man!

I will try it today.

hope the tutor of jason will also be with screens etc. :p

but now I must change al files :(  pff :p

Actually Raptor did his pretty good, but if you still need help I'll see what I can do. :)

Well, I found a free "English to Dutch" translator, but I don't know dutch so I have no idea if this makes any sense, let me know. :)

1. U moet de elk van dossiers downloaden die u in uw douanetaal van Microsoft wilt zijn.

2. U moet alle partijdossiers voor de dossiers openen u zult beschrijven. Binnen daar zult u iets als dit zien (ik zal Q322011 gebruiken.knuppel als voorbeeld):

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe " /q /z

U zult nota nemen van op het dossier u het downloadde als Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_XXX.exe nu zal waar XXX is uw specifieke taalcode zijn. Bijvoorbeeld, Het Engels is ENU, Het Duits is DEU, enz. In elk van deze partijdossiers moet u ENU enkel nemen en het vervangen met het landnummer u gebruikt. Zo als u in het Duits omzette, het zou van gaan:

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe " /q /z

aan

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_DEU.exe " /q /z

Dan bewaart you'd het enkel en gaat naar volgende. U te hoeven niet om de naam van het partijdossier of iets anders te veranderen. Die enkel drie brieven binnen. Op sommige dossiers is de naam van de douanetaal van het dossier het zelfde, in dat geval te hoeven u niet om het partijdossier uit te geven.

3. Wanneer u allen met die wordt gedaan, you'd behoefte om de folder te openen ProgFiles. Schrap uit alle dossiers u bij het vervangen plant, en toen exemplaar in van u.

thanks man!

I will try it today.

hope the tutor of jason will also be with screens etc. :p

but now I must change al files :(? pff:pp

Actually Raptor did his pretty good, but if you still need help I'll see what I can do. :))

maybe you can add me on msn?

becasue I don't know how it todo with the other files:((

Sure thing, just PM me your MSN address and I'll try to help you the best I can. :))

@theteek: #1. the eula you cant change (and i dont think we have any plans on changing that)... you can 'turn-it off' by using the /noeula switch...

#2. You can do anything you feel like, as long as you know what you are doing... we started this with empty folders, this means you can do the same...

/Raptor

@theteek: #1. the eula you cant change (and i dont think we have any plans on changing that)... you can 'turn-it off' by using the /noeula switch...

#2. You can do anything you feel like, as long as you know what you are doing... we started this with empty folders, this means you can do the same...

/Raptor

I agree, we won't be making a way to change the EULA, mainly because it's our EULA. lol As far as the modifying goes, that I agree with as well, you can empty it out and use just the base parts if you'd like. :)

The November Update version can't have spaces (the Dec is fine with them), so for now make it like this:

// AutoPatcher XP Database File

[General]BuildTag= Gold - Update 01

BuildDate(YYYYMM)=200311

[Entry]

Name=remco testing entry

Default=True

AutoExpand=True

Description=This is a test test

UniqueID=theteek

Parent=

Target=

TargetNoBackup=

WebLink=

[Entry]

Name=Ad-Aware

Default=False

AutoExpand=True

Description=This will install a program against spy/ad ware

UniqueID=adaware6

Parent=

Target=aaw6.bat

TargetNoBackup=

WebLink=

yeah? would you help me with translating some txt's into dutch?

please add me on msn: r_v_geel@hotmail.com

bedankt!

I don't do MSN (yet....)

You can mail me at n9210iatlycos.nl

Ik zie het wel verschijnen.....

Die automatische vertaling is super

That translation made by the bot is super

Was it actually a decent translation??

@Communicator - I got rid of your triple post, don't worry. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

this is my batch file:

Custom"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\aaw6" /s (I saw the /s in a file on this forum!)

database file:

// AutoPatcher XP Database File

[General]

BuildTag= Gold - Update 01

BuildDate(YYYYMM)=200311

[Entry]

Name=remco testing entry

Default=True

AutoExpand=True

Description=This is a test test

UniqueID=theteek

Parent=

Target=

TargetNoBackup=

WebLink=

[Entry]

Name=Ad-Aware

Default=False

AutoExpand=True

Description=This will install a program against spy/ad ware

UniqueID=adaware6

Parent=

Target=aaw6.bat

TargetNoBackup=

WebLink=

what's wrong????

th batch file should be:

"%AutoPatcherXP_Dir%\ProgFiles\aaw6.exe" /s

why did you 'eat' the .exe? and also, the database wont handle line breaks in november release... in december release you will be able to put as many line breaks ass you want, whereever you feel like using a line break...

/Raptor

good lord... i was getting an SQL error all this time... thought my post didnt find its way to the forum, so i kept trying... and ended up with 5 posts! goo thing i can delete my own posts...

/Raptor

good lord... i was getting an SQL error all this time... thought my post didnt find its way to the forum, so i kept trying... and ended up with 5 posts! goo thing i can delete my own posts...

/Raptor

Yeah, if you get that SQL error that means it's been posted. lol I noticed that earlier (made 2 posts myself and deleted a few double posts).