[Wallpaper] Where The Ocean Meets The Sky

Due to my slight inability to upload to devart (or most anywhere else for that matter), I've decided that you guys can settle for subpar JPG quality compression... You'll notice that its nearly uncompressed, so...well, hopefully you won't notice.

Anyway, from my previous failed attempts to upload at Devart, here's the blurb which no one really likes to read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Where The Ocean Meets The Sky

This is the second in my recent streak of vectored walls... Seems like I have nothing else to do when I'm sick.

Unlike my last submission, this wall is 100% vector graphics, at least, to the best of my understanding, it is. Its also less dreary, and was inspired by the song with the same title, or at least, the same line in its lyrics. Hopefully this one is a bit more soothing, as the last one was more on the disturbing side.

Anyway, hopefully it will upload right this time. Sheesh, seems like I always submit my stuff on the butt-end of days, so no one is awake to see it, and by morning, its been pushed into the depths of oblivion...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is the end of the blurb.

I'm uploading the 1600x1200px version now. Requests for other resolutions will be fulfilled...sooner or later in this thread, that is, if I don't lose all ability to upload data (which would be inconvenient). You can send PMs if you really want the wall in all its BMP goodness (1600px version is a hefty 827KB RAR file), but really...this is 99% as good as you can get...

*Edit: 1280x1024px version here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...0entry2036716

So... Now to the good part.

post-67-1083199700.jpg

Edited by Relativity_17

Like it! You should try compressing it as a png file .... pictures with large areas of colour seem to compress really well with it & it is lossless.

Problem with compressing in PNG is that the end result is a file over a megabyte in size... JPG has been the best tradeoff between quality and size in this case.

1280x1024px:

post-67-1083249595.jpg