The Neowin gMail Request Thread

See the idea and details here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...20#entry2038967

Here are the rules:

1. Could a mod please postcount lock this thread (make it italic)?

2. NO ONE post in this thread UNTIL a gMail user with invites posts to the first post in this thread

3. That gMail user will be the first inviter

4. Then, everybody who wants a gMail account post a short message in this thread INCLUDING your e-mail address (be sure to include no-spam characters)

5. NO ONE post more than one message

6. The invitation will be closed at 5 PM Pacific Time (8 PM Eastern Time, 1 AM GMT) tomorrow

7. Could a mod please lock this thread then?

8. The designated inviter should invite the first person and PM him/her

9. The PM MUST contain the next e-mail address in the thread so that he/she knows who to invite next

9. The second person should sign up, invite the person specified in the PM and PM them including the next e-mail address in the list

10. So on...

11. Everybody gets on gMail!

google could find out about this and then kill all the accounts involved in this sceme :rolleyes:

never thought about that.. but he does have a point.. :rolleyes:

is that true? invitees cannot invite others? if it is this won't work...but if it's not true, then we just need one person to start the thing

err, I thought Invitetees don't get to invite people?

you must have at least 1% filled up (10megs) and the account active for 48hours, after that you get invites

Hows this a invite for a Gmail account for

2gb webspace and 2gb transferr, php mysql ect all free all you need to do is have a domain :)

PM me for details :)

why is everyone so rushing about gmail? It isn't for the space cause spymac already got those 1gig mails; So I don't see the point :s

yeah, it takes AGES to load on my comp

even when I use Outlook..

It takes ages to receive an email bigger than 1 MB..

and a lot of errors in between sending/receiving sometimes.. Their community looks cool and everything, but I still dont want to join a MAC community.. basically cuz I'm not using one n i donno anything about it..

Ok EVERYONE stop posting in this thread unless you have to invites... the rules were clear... READ THEM!!!

Oh yeah I know I just broke them so don't bother posting.. "but hey you just broke them, ect.)

Read the rules and unless you have the invites do NOT post here!!

Have a nice day :p

you don't understand gmail, you don't just get invites cause you have an account, google decided to increase the number of users, so they randomly gave out invites, I got one and I have no invites to give people yet

otherwise gmail would grow much quicker then google wants, like doubling in size every couple of days, and remember this is still just the beginning of the beta period