ClassicX

ClassicX is a simple, minimalistic visual style for Windows XP. The style is a mix of Microsoft's Professional Visual Style (Watercolor), Windows Classic, and Office XP/2003.

Screen Shot:

post-3202-1171084736_thumb.jpg

Download:

ClassicX.zip

Edited by jimbo11883

Ba da ba ba baaaa..... I'M LOVIN' IT! :p

Very nice, thanks for sharing this. I do agree with chrisa, however. The start menu doesn't blend as well as it should.

Like the start menu, but don't really think it fits in with the rest of the theme - might want to tweak either it or the colors of the bars and such.

The colors are staying as is, because I wanted to use the windows classic color scheme for this. If anyone has a good idea for the start panel please tell me, because what you see here is all I could come up with so far.

The colors are staying as is, because I wanted to use the windows classic color scheme for this. If anyone has a good idea for the start panel please tell me, because what you see here is all I could come up with so far.

The colors are fine, it's the rounded shape of the start menu that makes it stand out mostly. IMO it should have the same square look as the active title bars. Also, you might want to give it a bit of a darker blue outline, to make it blend in even more with everything else.

Seriously though, you've got a great theme here. It fills the gap that the GotOffice theme left, though GotOffice was never as nice as this.

I'm not sure this qualifies as a bug, just something that's a little unpleasing to my eye.

I use True Launch Bar, and with ClassicX, I notice that my taskbar menus become very squished together. Is there any way you can fix this?

This won't prevent me from using the theme or anything, I actually kinda like the way my TLB looks because the menus take up less screen space...but I think there needs to be at least a small gap between the icons/text.

tlbwatercolorlite.jpg

TLB Menu using Watercolor Lite (normal)

tlbclassicx.jpg

TLB Menu using ClassicX

I realize that I may be able to change something on my side to make the menu gaps wider, but I can't seem to figure anything out after fiddling with the True Launch Bar settings. Any help from fellow TLB users would be appreciated.

Edited by Nuroticat

i'm liking it so far.

i had to convert it to windowblinds format with skinstudio to use it since i don't use msstyle file anymore.

nice, clean, and simple. i think it's very usable.

i'm liking it so far.

i had to convert it to windowblinds format with skinstudio to use it since i don't use msstyle file anymore.

nice, clean, and simple. i think it's very usable.

post it, im lazy :)