You've Got Post WebMail!

That's right, a 1 TB email account.

I stumbled upon this little gem today and with permission of the webmaster I am letting all my fellow Neowinians know about it now.

It's a 1 TB email account, I don't know of any file size limits, or what software they are using to serve. I don't think it's Hivemail. The site runs pretty good, they have a user forum also. They offer oh, about 30 or so subdomains (all offshoots of youvegotpost) and ...it's 1 TB!!!

wow.jpg

They just had an attack on their server, and lost most data, probably why I heard of this now from my source. But everything seems to be running quite smoothly now. They've been around awhile, the copyright logo states back to 1998 for the parent company. They offer dialup services too, so I'm pretty sure they are a stable company (the dialup service is here in case anyone is wondering)

So, go ahead and join up if you want to, I know alot of people haven't been able to get Gmail invites, or don't like Spymac's speed and can't sign up for Aventuremail yet. :)

*Edit* I just realized I never put the link to the page in my original post heh.

Click here! There ya go, in case you've not figured out the page yet :p

Edited by shockz

they did.. i think this thread was pruned a little too much.. and what was that i saw before you guys cleaned it about a news story?

it all happened very quickly.. i saw joels and voodoo's posts and then everything went away

so whats the full story on the whole reduced space thing?

::edit:: found it

http://www.officialspin.com/main.php?action=recent&rid=1611

ok i see why this happened nice pr save guys

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

Man, i would sign up for that if they had a better name, i mean i wouldn't like to have -----@youvegotpost.com, nah i like ---@gmail.com better. Oh well ill just have to wait.

The thread was cleaned because it went way off topic and became a slug fest. The original post has been put up in light of Voodoo's news item and thus will give the neowin community the chance to have a mature discussion in regards to this service.

seems like they are just trying to steal googles thunder... but I'm most impressed by gmails speed and useability.. and simpleness......

The fact of the manner is, this is a free service and it should be appreciated. If you don't want to use it fine, but I'm sure there are people who would like to use it being that GMail isn't even public yet.

I just wonder how they are going to manage this for the future.

how short-lived, it's just 20MB now. Youvegotpost.com even removed the forum links. I would certainly like to hear that ****ing Amy (moderator) reaction.

how short-lived, it's just 20MB now.

http://www.officialspin.com/main.php?action=recent&rid=1611

Ironically, he said YGP was offering 1TB of Email storage, when in fact, we offer an unlimited service. Jackson explained this was because the initial storage level set by their system was 1TB, incremental by 1TB, as space was required by user, as if that wasn't enough!

they point out that they're an unlimited service. so while it may say that its 20mb, if you need more, it will give you more.. at least thats what I'm getting out of the "...incremental...as space was required by (the) user..."

It's a scam you know...  The screenshot is doctored, the tooltip was made in PS no doubt.

think before saying such things. youvegotpost.com DID actually offer 1TB (short lived) but reverted to 20MB instead now. i just logon and found out that.

@Spyder

Just saw your post after posting. But i doubt it is incremental, my earlier inbox contained more than 20MB, not spam, a video file from an aunt. It was all deleted. Darn!

I tried asking her to resend, but it reply a user account inbox is full message back to her. I wonder how it increases on user demand. :huh:

Edited by dreamthief

It's a scam you know... The screenshot is doctored, the tooltip was made in PS no doubt.

Not really, that's what my account said when I first logged on.

It's a scam you know... The screenshot is doctored, the tooltip was made in PS no doubt.

No, it's not a scam dude. i have a different screenshot from last week which also shows they were offering 1TB of space. do a little research before spamming when you have "no doubt" or you'll end up looking :blink: :rolleyes:

yeah it's a scam i believe, i got an account 3 days ago and had 976mb of total storage left. After i checked it yesterday it has 20MB total. Well they aren't lying that you do get 1tb of email storage but, they do not state for how long you will have this amount of storage.

.....Well they aren't lying that you do get 1tb of email storage but......

They did. Atleast the admin/mod of their now non-existant forum did...just couple of days back, many times in their forum.

It's a scam you know...  The screenshot is doctored, the tooltip was made in PS no doubt.

Yeah, and my l337 Photoshop skillz did it right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't even code a website, you think I can use Photoshop at all? :laugh: :laugh:

In any event, it's pretty sad this all happened the way it did. Perhaps if Amy didn't delete/ban my account I would have gotten her email she said she supposedly sent me. And then maybe I would have posted her response here (assuming that was what the email was about)

I can understand her taking down the forums because people were causing trouble, and even yanking the space down to 1GB or hell even 20MB because of it. But the way she went about it, meh.

Ah well you live and learn, next time I won't be posting about a 1TB email service I tell you! :alien:

*Edit*

And let it be made VERY clear, I had nothing to do with any attacks or flooding or spamming of YGP. I don't condone it, and personally I think it's disgusting someone would do that. These people put up a free service, regardless of space allotted, and it shouldn't be abused because of a few people upset over not getting something. :angry: