[VS] Royale

Seeing how it's ok to post a Windowblinds "rendition" :whistle: of this style, then I guess it would be ok if people started posting MSStyle "renditions" as well. Right?

its not bad but the start button text isn't antialiased! even if i have smooth edges of fonts on. that must be fixed :|

why is the close button on the background window blue instead of that reddish color? is it because the window is not active, or is this a bug?

Seeing how it's ok to post a Windowblinds "rendition" :whistle:  of this style, then I guess it would be ok if people started posting MSStyle "renditions" as well. Right?

my question exactly, why is Royale allowed to be released for WindowsBlinds but not allowed to be posted on neowin when its from MS themselves....kinda double sided there if you ask me :blink:

Edit: i reported it, i know FB posted it, but i still think this shouldnt be allowed

my question exactly, why is Royale allowed to be released for WindowsBlinds but not allowed to be posted on neowin when its from MS themselves....kinda double sided there if you ask me :blink:

Edit: i reported it, i know FB posted it, but i still think this shouldnt be allowed

It's on Wincustomize which is FB's site he can do what he wants.

It's on Wincustomize which is FB's site he can do what he wants.

yeah but the mods said no links to it at all on neowin.

i think it was windowsx who made a mod of the vs and he wasn't even allowed to post that because "it had parts still made by microsoft in it."

and by the looks of that wb theme it definately has parts from the original vs in it. it shouldn't make any difference whether it's a wb theme or not.

i dont think anyone really cares. wtf is everyone so bitched and bothered about a theme, wether its legal or not.

if it's ilegal, wouldnt it have been removed by now? :sleep:

i think it was windowsx who made a mod of the vs and he wasn't even allowed to post that because "it had parts still made by microsoft in it."

and by the looks of that wb theme it definately has parts from the original vs in it. it shouldn't make any difference whether it's a wb theme or not.

Hmm didn't know about that.

There is a big difference between distributing Microsoft's actual file and a skin that resembles the contents of that file.

Bear in mind, EVERY SINGLE .MSSTYLES file that exists out there is a derivative of the Luna.msstyles file which includes containing various © Microsoft parts. So if we're going to be squeamish about a skin that simply resembles Microsoft's visual style then to be consistent all .msstyles should be removed since they actually are literal derivatives of copyrighted Microsoft material.

But I don't think anyone is arguing that. The reason Neowin isn't allowing links to Microsoft's Royale.msstyles file is that it is literally a file taken from Windows XP Media Center edition and redistributed. It's software piracy.

If Microsoft has a problem with a WindowBlinds skin that resembles it, they will certainly let us know.

Frogboy, it's disallowed because it's non-official release but some beta-testers leaked it which Neowin can't accept this terms and said no Royale for download in Neowin forum. I guess it's admin's mistaken for misunderstanding about rule in MSStyle forum. Many mods said no theme is allowed if it still contains Royale related resources so WB is not right to release in neowin too. If it is, I will release mine as msstyle containing Royale resources (with little mod), OK?