WindowBlinds 4.4 beta

Anyone running the 4.4 beta (4.38) via Object Desktop? Have you noticed anything different about it? Not visually but rather in how it runs.

Let's see.

Sure renders the previews in Display Properties a LOT faster.

Overall, it feels faster then before. Memory useage is just STUPID (that's a GOOD thing :) ) --- a mere 534k according to the trusty Task Manager.

Nice job Frog. You guys have done some nice work on this one.

/me looks at the Stardock crew and wonders when ObjectBar 2.0 is going to pre-release so he can download it...

Other than the lower memory usage and that you can now use tga on the title bar buttons, its runing the same from what I can tell.

When will the blurred shadow bug get fixed? (if a skin uses then you have to unload WB and reload the skin to get them to work) that is the only thing stopping me from updating the port of Velvet Waves at the moment.

The thing is screaming fast. First time I've done a fully, permanent switch to WB. Usually, I would use it and then go back t omsstyles, but wow, this is fast.

I haven't seen nor used the new version, but from what has been said so far it seems that WindowBlinds seems to get a lot better with each update/build/release!

Excellent, really fast and hardly uses any memory.

Now if people would only start making decent skins it would be almost perfect.

Considering brewman's recent work, I don't think we have to worry too much about that . . . I'm sure you can find some highly-rated skins that you like on WinCustomize. :-)

None of the skins I have tried to convert have worked. They all end up having a windows classic start panel.

Some of the one's I have tried to convert are:

qlassic

classicX

I understand the conversion process isn't 100% perfect but the list goes on of unsucessful converted msstyles.

I know there are some really great skins out there like:

Dogmax

VectorCell

gfxOasis

Luna Hoe

Kewk Hoe

Opulence

Studio 28

My point is there seems to me that for every good windowblinds skin there are 2 or 3 really good msstyle's.

Perhaps if the skin convertor worked better for me then it wouldn't be a problem

None of the skins I have tried to convert have worked. They all end up having a windows classic start panel.

qlassic

classicX

I understand the conversion process isn't 100% perfect but the list goes on of unsucessful converted msstyles.

Dogmax

VectorCell

gfxOasis

Luna Hoe

Kewk Hoe

Opulence

Studio 28

My point is there seems to me that for every good windowblinds skin there are 2 or 3 really good msstyle's.

Perhaps if the skin convertor worked better for me then it wouldn't be a problem

Well it really does come down to taste. I think that those listed kick the **** out of any msstyle. :laugh: :)

will do but for some reason why am i the only one who has this problem :(

what graphics card do you have? WB, with it's advanced features, allows you to utilize the graphics card and your card may not be up to par enough for it.

edit: 9800 pro. On second thought, try updating your drivers. I know there was a catalyst release that didn't get along with WB and 4.3 rings a bell.

Runs a lot faster, great stuff!!

There is something significant in this new version that you aren't talking about to us yet.

We want to know!

Well done Stardock.

:yes:

Well it really does come down to taste.  I think that those listed kick the **** out of any msstyle. :laugh:  :)

Yeah IMO they are the best one's out there for windowblinds, apart from the conversions of b0se's opusos, opus luna, opus b0se DMX and b0se classic most if not all of the rest made for windowblinds are bloated and ugly looking. That was the main reason it took me so long to start using WB because everytime I installed it and tried to find skins I liked all I could find were bloated ugly looking things.

If you havn't guessed I like minamalistic skins and there doesn't seem to be many people making them exept for the above exceptions.

{hmmm that last sentence doesn't sound right, there seems to be too many exceptions in it :)}

Anyway enough of my mini rant about the quality of the skins available the update of windowblinds is excellent, if they could only stop windows appearing underneath the taskbar when it's at the top of the screen I would be a very happy bunny. :laugh:

qlassic

classicX

Dogmax

VectorCell

gfxOasis

Luna Hoe

Kewk Hoe

Opulence

Studio 28

Please re-install SkinStudio there's been a problem with the recent updates made with Stardock Central, it may as well apply to regular insatallers. We duplicated the problem on GreenReaper's machine and the installation fixed it.

Thanks alot, I can now import themes :D

Now I just have to try and find a tutorial explaining how skinstudio works so I can tweak the small errors which creep into the conversion.

Tried this one?

Thanks alot, now why didn't I think of looking there for a guide. :)

Is it just me, or are Patched UXTheme.dll's no longer patched after installing this new version of WB. I'm on a fresh install of XP, and patched my UXTheme with the Neowin Patcher (latest version, and the MSStyles applied normally), installed the current beta of WB and now I can't apply ANY .MSStyles theme files at all.

Ran the patcher again TWICE to un-patch then re-patch, and they still won't load. Anyone else having this problem? Or is THIS the much-vaunted newest feature of WB ?

If you hold down ctrl when opening the display properties you will be able to select msstyles from the list.