[FX] bangbang023: 07-01-30 [Trunk/Win32](O2/GAL)

This thread is for the nightly builds of Firefox that I compile. You need two things to be able to use this:

1. An understanding that any nightly build is an unofficial beta, of sorts, and may have bugs to varying degrees of severity

2. A processor that supports SSE2 instructions

3. Windows 2000 and higher only. Windows 9x is no longer supported.

This build contains a patch that places "Print" in the context menu. The developers refuse to listen to the needs of the users, so I will be using this small bit of unofficial code until they do.

- My .mozconfig is as follows:

. $topsrcdir/browser/config/mozconfig

GLIB_PREFIX=J:/mozilla/w32build/vc8

LIBIDL_PREFIX=J:/mozilla/w32build/vc8

ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=windows

ac_add_options --enable-canvas

ac_add_options --enable-single-profile

ac_add_options --enable-static

ac_add_options --enable-strip

ac_add_options --enable-svg

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -GAL -arch:SSE2"

ac_add_options --disable-activex

ac_add_options --disable-activex-scripting

ac_add_options --disable-tests

ac_add_options --disable-debug

ac_add_options --disable-mailnews

ac_add_options --disable-composer

ac_add_options --disable-ldap

ac_add_options --disable-profilesharing

ac_add_options --disable-shared

ac_add_options --disable-accessibility

ac_add_options --disable-installer

ac_add_options --disable-updater

Download today's build (6.1MB, 7z sfx)

If you appreciate my builds, please take a second to stop by my homepage and just say "hi" in the shoutbox or read over some of my pieces. That's more thanks than I'll ever need.

this thread is post count locked since it will be bumped daily.

Edited by bangbang023

ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -GL7 -arch:SSE2"

you do O2 and not O3, is there a reason?

Visual Studio .Net doesn't have an o3 option.

bangbang, I know you'll probably deny this. But could you please do an O2 G7 Non-SSE build? I haven't found anyone that builds that frequently enough :o

bangbang, I know you'll probably deny this. But could you please do an O2 G7 Non-SSE build? I haven't found anyone that builds that frequently enough :o

I'm sorry man, but I only have one PC, so when I'm building I can't do anything else. I just don't have the time to do another build. :(

7/18 is up

7/19 is up and running. Help, About and about:config are still broken, though.

Happy 16th birthday to my baby sis, Nicole.

BangBang, I always use your builds - they give me the best performance. The only thing I don't really like is the icon but it's not exactly a big problem. :) I was wondering, how long does it take for you to compile this beast?

BangBang, I always use your builds - they give me the best performance. The only thing I don't really like is the icon but it's not exactly a big problem. :) I was wondering, how long does it take for you to compile this beast?

An hour and 20 minutes approx. The CPU runs at 100% the entire time.

I'm glad you like the builds, it's nice to hear kind words. The icons are not mine, they are simply the official icons for unofficial builds from the Mozilla team. I could use scragz' ones, but it's not worth it, IMO.

no 7/20 build. it compiled, but no matter what, I would get an xul binding error, even with a fresh install and profile.

builds will return tomorrow now that aviary is back open. It seemingly opened after my automatic build, so the build I have ocmpiled still doesn't run. Sorry guys.

Your welcome. It's definitely different to get so many thanks. Most people at Mozillazine with the exception of bytor2001, tend to bitch about wanting different builds than anything else. Thanks guys.

Nice Build! But how do I know you didn't add any code to steal credit card numbers HUH? :-P Jk, keep up the good work!

MT