October Desktops

Post those Desktops!

Please limit this as the only 'desktop' thread...Last time, we had a tiny bit of confusion.

Also, please do not img-embed desktops bigger than 1024x768. While I would prefer everyone to just simply file attach their desktops or have them text linked, some of us do like to see them in full glory, without clicking back and forth.

If you do plan to img-embed, please keep the file size to the bare minimum.

Thx!

I AGREE!

I second that! ... he wins! ... contest over! ... no more entries! ... close the thread! ... close up shop! .... give him the prize! .... no doubt about it.. he won! lol ;) :D :p :)

EVERYONE

That's done using DesktopX.

http://www.stardock.com/products/desktopx/...x/download.html

And, no offense, I love the desktop...I just don't find those outrageous designs intuitive to use.

oh yeah...if you want that theme you can download it here:

Windows.NET 1.02 Metalic Edition (1024 x 768) for DesktopX

http://scripts.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?...ilesize=2006975

oh yeah...you have to be registered to wincustomize to d/l...although, sometimes it works without

Nice thats what i like simple even the icons could be cut from is though they are just in te way use a toolbar converted into a menu like me and it lets you use your full window.

Originally posted by Thecoz

Nice thats what i like simple even the icons could be cut from is though they are just in te way use a toolbar converted into a menu like me and it lets you use your full window.

I particularly don't like to take my main icons off the desktop. I find it sufficient, for myself, to just have an application and games drop-down menu.

But, hey?for everyone; her own cup of tea;);)

Originally posted by grimman

hey... Thecoz, what is with that extreme blur? Gah... and btw... ur nick is quite like the famous "thevoz" featured here a while ago. hehe... :D

Well the blur is because of file size limitations and the high res is hard to keep low when it has detail like that.

Originally posted by Ritsuke

I particularly don't like to take my main icons off the desktop. I find it sufficient, for myself, to just have an application and games drop-down menu.

But, hey?for everyone; her own cup of tea;);) b>

How did you make that top bar it looks handy!

Originally posted by Thecoz

How did you make that top bar it looks handy!

Just add a toolbar to your main taskbar and drag it off and to the top. :)

I'm starting to dislike it because of the top bars inability to lock. :(

That Windows.NET desktop sure is f***ing nifty, but I'm not going to continue my Multimedia desktop theme until I can find out how to change the icon text colors on the desktop!

Originally posted by kosmo

Yes, im a huge DMB phreak. 7 years now.

whaddya think?

Kosmo

I like the use of the olive theme :)

One question.

Why is there a build number at the bottom? :s