Doom 3 Screensaver

Would anyone know how , or is there even a way possible to rip, or create a screensaver similar to the screen seen on computers in Doom 3 w/ the UAC logo saying " station locked " on it ?

not a big deal, i thought it would be kinda swell to have it.

anyone else ?

arent you sposed to get all the proggies they used to make doom 3 and such, so you should be able to find the image or w/e

- sorry, was hgih while psoting

You could go in the game, zoom in on one of the computers with that screen and take screenshots while the animation runs. Then fix those screens together to an .avi or smth..But I don't know how to make it a screensaver :/

interesting replies.

how would you go about taking in in game video of this ? you could use the damn XP powertoy to loop a few second long video of the spinning logo if you could get a good enough shot of it , ingame.

try the GUI folder

D:\Program Files\Doom 3\base\guis

but i have no idea what in the world can read those files

Well looking at a lot of the stuff in Doom III I am tempted to think they are vector based. The Doors and panels at any rate. Custom rendering without doubt, but i'm thinking these are possibly native ai/eps/svg/swf based. I'd love to have a resolution independant graphic just like that. I'd love to even customise WinLogon with it. The later i have done with res hack and a few tutorials but there is a better way these days with StyleXP or a related tool

Drex ... pimping the digits

Edit:

New Idea. Rape the pk4 files. Open them in Winzip, or my favourite Winrar, and look around.... i'm in the guis:

pak001.pk4\dds\guis\assets\doors - ZIP archive, unpacked size 410,387,276 bytes

there are lots of dds files - Direct Draw Surfaces. Now folks, if we have a file DX can easily display, I believe there is a screensaver pretty easily made. I saw a Demo either in the SDK or just hanging around.

Lets do this...

Billy has supplied tools:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....sfileformat.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....s/dxtextool.asp

Edited by Drexthepimp

as in, the UIs on doom3 aren't pre-rendered :p

they're rendered in realtime.

i'm gonna take a look. can anyone pinpoint the correct place in game that the specific screensaver occurs?

(thinking about not using doom3 resources)

get a nice video of it running. at least for reference :p

Edited by Menge

interesting replies.

how would you go about taking in in game video of this ? you could use the damn XP powertoy to loop a few second long video of the spinning logo if you could get a good enough shot of it , ingame.

Use noclip cheat and you can get really close the the pc screen.

The only problem is to remove HUD, but that can be done with PS or something..

I even tried and made a really crappy one :D

http://www.zone.ee/madvision/screen.avi