Longhorn Glass Browser Demo

Since releasing a Longhornish thingy seems to be the chic thing to do today, I'm letting you all see something that I've been sitting on since June (see below). The browser really truly sucks, so I didn't want to release it. But oh well here it is. :rofl:

The shadows can only be drawn by WindowFX. You need the .NET Framework version 1.1 (not just 1.0) and IE.

AND I'm realeasing the full source. If any programmer can make me a module that draws shadows under windows, or a nice browser with only basic VB buttons or such, I can integrate this front-end with it, and we would have a visually awesome browser. Or you can change it yourself, and if you make anything interesting, I ask that you release the source on Neowin. The source is very complicated and messy and terrible because I'm a physics dude, not a programmer. Otherwise, I don't intend to improve it.

There's lots of problems and bugs and such, and the graphics are very slow. I have ideas on how to fix all these issues, but am not bored enough to implement them (this was made largely on a particularly boring June week). Claim: the graphics are FASTER than any MS DCE on a computer with a dual-core hyperthreading prescott processor ;)

Download Demo (207KB)

Download Source NON COMMERCIAL USE ONLY!!! :alien:

post-94-1092788615.jpg

Edited by Thrawn

srry for being offtopic but can u tell me wat skin is that for u're start bar? and u using windowsblind or...wat?

Looks like Royale to me, do a Google search.

Very nice!!

It is a bit buggy and lacks features, but it is already really nice. I like fact that it has transparent borders.

I saw you did that by snapping forms to eachother. Very well done!

Woah, the graphics really are slow, but when i switched programs, and then tryed to open GlassExplorer back up, the graphics didnt redraw.

its only in early testing man