Half-Life 2 has gone gold.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/15/news_6110731.html

RUMOR #1: Half-Life 2 is gold. Really. No foolin'. Honest.

Source: If we told you, we'd have to kill you.

The official story: Both VU Games and Valve declined comment.

What we heard: Ever since the release candidate for Half-Life 2 was submitted to VU Games in mid-September, a pi?ata has hung in the lobby of Valve's headquarters. The plan: to bust the sucker open when the game achieved gold status. Earlier today, GameSpot learned from an informed sourced that "the pi?ata has been broken" and the game has gone gold. Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game." Though nothing official has been announced yet, it appears the fat lady is at last clearing her throat.

Edited by Brian

It hasn't been gold for a week, has it? I thought the latest knews on HL2 was RCs were still going back and forth.

Gold = Master CD sent to factory for duplication.

OLDDDDDDDDDDD NEWSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?:yes::

Learn to search buddy;)): https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=24784&category=gamers

584744321[/snapback]

wtf? why dont you read the thread

kthanks

whats up with all these new people coming to the fourms thinking they are badasses?

but its good to know this game is going to come out some time. I will be buying it on cd/dvd and not getting it through steam

wtf? why dont you read the thread

kthanks

whats up with all these new people coming to the fourms thinking they are badasses?

but its good to know this game is going to come out some time.  I will be buying it on cd/dvd and not getting it through steam

584744345[/snapback]

looks like the same route for me unless i find my credit card. will buying the game get me dod:s as well?

****en didn't see u dick heads need to chill out. Looked the ****en same to me..

584744397[/snapback]

You, my friend, are the "dick head". You need to chill out. You need to stop being a wannabe mod, and you should stop spamming, no one likes that either. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a member of this forum, I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not like some people. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, chill out.

You, my friend, are the "dick head". You need to chill out. You need to stop being a wannabe mod, and you should stop spamming, no one likes that either. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a member of this forum, I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not like some people. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, chill out.

584744423[/snapback]

Its you people starting everything...Oh wait, Its first:

Cody then this kid, psybapunk

Gone and Gold. Look the same to me. Shut it now before i make this topic get locked.

584744418[/snapback]

Reported for trolling. Your not gonna make any topic get locked, your not a mod and your not in control of things here.

I give it a week TOPS before your banned.

Its you people starting everything...Oh wait, Its first:

Cody then this kid, psybapunk

584744430[/snapback]

You really should be a man and accept the fact that your wrong in the matter. Three of us against one and your right?Oh please, save the sobbing story for your mother. :cry:

Gone and Gold. Look the same to me. Shut it now before i make this topic get locked.

584744418[/snapback]

uhoh hes gonna get the topic locked, lol. rather funny if u dont mind me sayin so

anyhow back on topic, is it really official or is this speculation.

It's just speculation for now. And yes, lets get back on topic XC, no need to continue your immaturity, right?

584744459[/snapback]

Yeh....Just tell the other people to shut it cause my patience are out.

well i have been reading and re reading the review in pc gamer for a week now cause im so excited i really hope it is done and not just speculation cause i really wanna start playin this bad boy.