Dog saves woman's life by calling 911

RICHLAND, Washington (AP) -- Leana Beasley has faith that a dog is man's best friend. :happy:

Faith, a 4-year-old Rottweiler, phoned 911 when Beasley fell out of her wheelchair and barked urgently into the receiver until a dispatcher sent help. Then the service dog unlocked the front door for the police officer.

"I sensed there was a problem on the other end of the 911 call," said dispatcher Jenny Buchanan. "The dog was too persistent in barking directly into the phone receiver. I knew she was trying to tell me something."

Faith is trained to summon help by pushing a speed-dial button on the phone with her nose after taking the receiver off the hook, said her owner, Beasley, 45, who suffers grand mal seizures.

Guided by experts at the Assistance Dog Club of Puget Sound, Beasley helped train Faith herself.

The day of the fall, Faith "had been acting very clingy, wanting to be touching me all day long," Beasley said Thursday.

The dog, whose sensitive nose can detect changes in Beasley's body chemistry, is trained to alert her owner to impending seizures.

But that wasn't what was happening on September 7, and Faith apparently wasn't sure how to communicate the problem. During Beasley's three-week hospital stay, doctors determined her liver was not properly processing her seizure medication.

source:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/10/29/canine.caller.ap/index.html

post-70128-1099091621.jpg

"I sensed there was a problem on the other end of the 911 call," said dispatcher Jenny Buchanan.

584829795[/snapback]

haha

i'm sure she did (Y)

because all 911 responders are strong with The Force :laugh:

this unlike the 8 year old story is 100% true...

Some dogs are specially trained for different funcions. If they were trained they could accually get you a pizza from the freezer, put it in your microwave, and set the time correctly. After that, put it on a plate and bring it to you. Thank god us humans are too dumb to correctly train them properly. We just train them to fetch.

dont you guys know who that dog is?

it's.......

dynomutt1.jpg

DOO DOO DOOOOOO!!!!

584829810[/snapback]

:rofl: hahaha (Y) i remeber dynomutt!!!