[Request] "Christmas Time" MSSTYLE PORT

the cool stuff abt tht theme last year was the animation which u cant have in msstyles

someone has to rebuild the whole theme which will take quite a bit of effort

good luck

This is what gets me.....if you want a port made then make a god damn port. Stop asking for one. This is like the third one in the last couple of weeks you have tired to get ported and each time someone has told you that you would lose the essence of the skin if you ported it.

Why not just try windowblinds and use the skin? What is so bad about the program that you have to get someone to port themes for you?

There are a lot of msstyles I would like to see as windowblind skins, but you don't see me trolling for requests. No, I take my time, use skinstudio to convert and then finish the rest. Just last night I did a port of soft aqua msstyle that I found on aqua-soft but couldn't find a WB theme.

This is what gets me.....if you want a port made then make a god damn port...........

585002411[/snapback]

dude, he just wants to use msstyle which maybe uses less resources for him. you could just say no to him. ease on him.

dude, he just wants to use msstyle which maybe uses less resources for him. you could just say no to him. ease on him.

585002464[/snapback]

The RAM argument is the most pointless basis for using one format over another. In these days where most computers come standard with 256 and most with 512 ~ 1 gig now, 1-2 MB isn't going to break the bank.

EDIT: I downloaded the theme and applied it, it takes a whopping 865K of RAM to run:

ChristmasWB.jpg

The point being, if you try and port this theme, you will lose so much of it that the essence of it will be lost. So, my advice is not to try, but rather to download the shareware version of WB and use the theme in its original format for the few weeks of Christmas.

Edited by AthleticTrainer1981

AthleticTrainer: I have WB installed (use it since like 4 years), but WB has problems with lots of skins when using the taskbar on top of the screen. My browser doesn't look right when I minimize it and maximize it again with a WB skin.

So I need a msstyle.

And...

This is what gets me.....if you want a port made then make a god damn port...........
That was pointless. If I ask for a port is because I can't make one.
This is like the third one in the last couple of weeks you have tired to get ported and each time someone has told you that you would lose the essence of the skin if you ported it.

That ain't true. I just asked like 2 weeks ago if Ciela got ported. That's it.

AthleticTrainer: I have WB installed (use it since like 4 years), but WB has problems with lots of skins when using the taskbar on top of the screen. My browser doesn't look right when I minimize it and maximize it again with a WB skin.

That's not a problem of Windowblinds but rather an oversight on windows. That error will happen if you use an msstyle or an windowblind theme with the taskbar on top of the screen.

@evo0o: There is the shareware version of WB. The only real differencies are the nag screen on start and no scroll bar/dialog box skinning.

WindowBlinds is $20. Is everyone's mom paying for their net connection or something? ;)

Regarding taskbar on top, this was a problem in earlier versions of WindowBlinds where the skin author was using certain border features. WindowBlinds 4.4 eliminated that problem (i think WindowBlinds 4.3 did too).

We're updating the Christmas theme this year too.

AthleticTrainer: Nope. I wouldn't have mentioned if it happened with both. MSStyles always work fine for me.

Frogboy: Really? Then how about yourself releasing it as a VS too? :)

Thanks

AthleticTrainer: Nope. I wouldn't have mentioned if it happened with both. MSStyles always work fine for me.

Frogboy: Really? Then how about yourself releasing it as a VS too?:))

Thanks

585012075[/snapback]

Well I have had problems with both, can't speak for everyone. It does seems with 4.4 that issue has been fixed as I have tried it with a bunch of os x themes and they all work great.

My original opinion still stands, this theme was created in the WB format for a reason, because of what it can do. If you try and bring it over to an msstyle you lose the essence of the theme and are left with a very graphic heavy theme. But in WB you get animation effects, start menu effects, etc....stuff that you would never see in msstyles. So instead of pleading with people to get them to port it for you, do it yourself (like I have figured out how to do) or download the sharware WB and use the theme as it was meant to be used.

The Christmas time visual style wouldn't look as good as it does on WindowBlinds. Plus, Stardock spent $$$ on its creation as a way to encourage people to try out WindowBlinds. ;)

The theme is fugly. I don't know why you would want it. But you should have expected the Windowblinds troll to come out screaming at you for asking for a MSStyle port. It's uncalled for, but I guess some people don't have a life and have nothing better to do.