Clear Taskbar?

I was messing around trying to create a transparent BMP for my VS, I found it using Reshack but was unable to to actually get it to display a clear taskbar when I replaced the bitmap in my .msstyle file for my theme. I tried the "magic pink" but didn't have any luck and when I created a transparent bitmap in photoshop it displayed white...any ideas & sorry if this sounds dumb or has been answered before.

Thank you in advance for any insight... :)

Thanks dreamz, but I am looking for just the background to be transparent. K Task Mod doesn't seem to work on my box, I have tried it before....though this is exactly what I was looking for....any other apps available that do the same thing?

Edited by KMD

Thanks dreamz, but I am looking for just the background to be transparent. K Task Mod doesn't seem to work on my box, I have tried it before....though this is exactly what I was looking for....any other apps available that do the same thing?

585025934[/snapback]

yeah, taskbar transparent. just run it, tweak your vs, then that's it.

I just wanted the background transparent, not the tray, buttons or start button...taskbar transparent makes the entire bar transparent, don't want that!

I just wanted the background transparent, not the tray, buttons or start button...taskbar transparent makes the entire bar transparent, don't want that!

585026346[/snapback]

No, that can't be done. Linux with KDE will do it, but not windows.

585026346[/snapback]

it does. you have to configure it right.

i'm going to sleep now, though, so i can't help. i'll see if i can find some more info about it tomorrow.

here in the readme:

Sets alpha blending (transparency) and/or colorkey for the taskbar for

Windows 2000/XP. Especially useful if you create your own visual style

for Windows XP and want a "cut-out" taskbar (which the (current) XP

style engine does not support). Version 2 now also sets start menu

transparency.

the "cut-out" feature is what you want. see how it's not in the current xp engine? taskbar transparent does it. what's better is, it doesn't have to be running!

there are some screenshots somewhere of it in work, and it does work. i've never used it, though (i use a solid background, so i can use a solid color for the taskbar), but read the readme, and try to configure it right. there's some tweaking, as i recall.

Well, I can't seem to figure it out...tried some different things with no luck. If you (dreamz) or anyone else has some success please share it with me...thanks :)

Well, I can't seem to figure it out...tried some different things with no luck. If you (dreamz) or anyone else has some success please share it with me...thanks  :)

585030808[/snapback]

hey, this is what it does: http://www.ag1.de/utils/index.html

see in the picture? that's what you wanted.

i read through the readme and it looks like you should do this:

1. set a = some number between 0 and 255. 0 = no transparency (i.e. opaque), and 255 = 100% transparency. since you want the taskbar items (icons, buttons, etc.) to be opaque, set it to 0.

2. set c = the hex value of a color. this is the color key, which means the elements with this color will be hidden (not drawn). so pick a color, obviously one that isn't used very often (the author gives a suggestion) and set c to that hex value.

now, in your vs, reshack the taskbarbackground bitmap and make it that color, so taskbar transparent will make that color hidden, i.e. completely gone.

3. set s = some number between 0 and 255. this controls start menu transparency.

run the app to set the values, and you're done. remember, it won't run in memory, so now resource usage. :)

• 2 months later...
hey, this is what it does: http://www.ag1.de/utils/index.html

see in the picture?  that's what you wanted.

i read through the readme and it looks like you should do this:

1. set a = some number between 0 and 255.  0 = no transparency (i.e. opaque), and 255 = 100% transparency.  since you want the taskbar items (icons, buttons, etc.) to be opaque, set it to 0.

2. set c = the hex value of a color.  this is the color key, which means the elements with this color will be hidden (not drawn).  so pick a color, obviously one that isn't used very often (the author gives a suggestion) and set c to that hex value. 

now, in your vs, reshack the taskbarbackground bitmap and make it that color, so taskbar transparent will make that color hidden, i.e. completely gone.

3. set s = some number between 0 and 255.  this controls start menu transparency.

run the app to set the values, and you're done.  remember, it won't run in memory, so now resource usage. :)

585031064[/snapback]

Can't seem to et it to work.

I Reshack the TaskbarBackgroundBottom to a red bitmap. Ran the exe with a=0 c=FF0000. And the whole taskbar went transparent, no icons no text. Whats going on?

Yeah it works with all wallpapers cause it is transparent....you need to get a hex editor to make sure TaskbarTransparent is hiding the right color....

Can you get this program to work with the classic look? I can seem to get it to? Not like in KDM's pic  :no:

585486664[/snapback]

kmd? ;)

it involves editing a vs, so no, unless you're using a "classic" vs.

I finally got it to work too... the secret for me was not to use "$" or"#"

example: c=FF0000 and NOT c=$FF0000 or c=#FF0000

Anyway, I've attached a problem that I'm having... see the red border around the text? How do you get rid of it? The red is my transparent color. TIA!

untitled.bmp

EDIT: Sorry, for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach a thumbnail of the picture directly into the post :blush:

Edited by bleuiko

:cool: Look what I started! LoL ....... You need to match the color you are gonna use to your wallpaper so the icon or text outline doesn't show up like in your pic...i made mine a similiar blue so it doesn't stand out against my sky wallpaper.

I also took everything out for a total transparent look...even the tray is transparent and I ditched the start button!!!!!!!

post-39930-1108787460_thumb.jpg

Edited by KMD

Simple ! I alway do it now

use a great program

T_Clock 2

you can delete the border of the windows bar ( bordeless )

youc an make the bar clear ( transparency )

make every button flat

change the clock

and many other thing

a great program !!!!

I dont have it on my server now, but I could host it here for a while if some of you want it

by the way when I say transparency the text and icon of the windows stay normal, and the text for the clock 2

so you can see everything you need, you just dont have any background so you see the wallpaper behind

Can anybody give here a helpin hand?? mine goes totally transparent, taskbar button the all chibanga... :wacko:

585506962[/snapback]

which parts of the vs did you modify? just the taskbar? what color did you choose?

Simple ! I alway do it now

use a great program

T_Clock 2

you can delete the border of the windows bar ( bordeless )

youc an make the bar clear ( transparency )

make every button flat

change the clock

and many other thing

a great program !!!!

I dont have it on my server now, but I could host it here for a while if some of you want it

585507457[/snapback]

what version? at least in the version i was familiar with, tclock2 only did a glassy transparency, not a complete transparency.

also, this tool does not run in memory, unlike tclock2.