[VS] Azar

See, this is the typical style I see in WB that turns me away from using it. There are some good ones every so often (such as the WIP blue6 by kb1), but otherwise, I just see themes like this. I can tell there was effort, but it still doesn't change the fact that it came out very poorly...

Sad thing is it could have turned out nice if it was just toned down a bit (ok, maybe quite a bit :p ) and had some nice coloring. I do like the start button and the systray, but everything is just too glossy and bevely (is that a word?)

See, this is the typical style I see in WB that turns me away from using it. There are some good ones every so often (such as the WIP blue6 by kb1), but otherwise, I just see themes like this.

I second that.

See, this is the typical style I see in WB that turns me away from using it. There are some good ones every so often (such as the WIP blue6 by kb1), but otherwise, I just see themes like this. I can tell there was effort, but it still doesn't change the fact that it came out very poorly...

585097735[/snapback]

I agree, styles like this are the reason a lot of people on neowin don't like using wb, it takes ages to find good minimal themes. Most of my wb styles are conversions from msstyles.

I use WB alot, Vector Cell, everything and anything by Brewman, but WB themes like this are what turn people off of WB. It's awful looking, way to big and blocky and not usuable at all. When people go to Wincustomize and see the first page with 10 themes like this...they never come back. Sadly...

I use WB alot, Vector Cell, everything and anything by Brewman, but WB themes like this are what turn people off of WB. It's awful looking, way to big and blocky and not usuable at all. When people go to Wincustomize and see the first page with 10 themes like this...they never come back. Sadly...

585141625[/snapback]

(Y)

Whoa, tough crowd to please, but with the exception of Frogboy I'll have to disagree with all of you. I dont think these type of style drives people away from WB. I think it does the opposite (at least it did with me) as it has done with thousand others. The regular symple minimal VS is good, but nothing 'pops' a desktop like an original WindowBlind skin.

I happen to think that this is a very good skin, but then again... I made it. :p

Now if this skin looks big at 1600 resolution, then its time for a better video card.

BTW: Thanks Frogboy for the refferal. ;)

Whoa, tough crowd to please, but with the exception of Frogboy I'll have to disagree with all of you. I dont think these type of style drives people away from WB. I think it does the opposite (at least it did with me) as it has done with thousand others. The regular symple minimal VS is good, but nothing 'pops' a desktop like an original WindowBlind skin.

I happen to think that this is a very good skin, but then again... I made it. :p

Now if this skin looks big at 1600 resolution, then its time for a better video card.

BTW: Thanks Frogboy for the refferal.  ;)

585186059[/snapback]

I'm not saying that it's bad, but for my taste it is. I do appreciate the work that has been put into it (I've tried my hand at a couple VSs before, so I know how much time and effort it takes), it's just that this exact type of style is what drove me away, and I know many others who were also driven away by it.

Then again, there are so many people in the world that perhaps you and I know two completely seperate groups of people, and therefore have different "statistics." :)

Once again, good job (Y), it's just not my style.

After using it for a bit, it's actually not bad with custom coloring. While I still think there is a bit too much going on with it, you can see there was a LOT of work that went into it. The transparancy button is cool too :)

post-20838-1104287023_thumb.jpg

BTW: Thanks Frogboy for the refferal.  ;)

585186059[/snapback]

Thanks you....finally someone who agrees with me. Now if we could only get more comments like this we might actually get some more skins announced here. :yes:

Indeed every person has a different taste of style and some are more open minded than others when trying new things, but its always good to listen and take notice on comments, both negative and positive, after all that is what help us authors make better designs. ;)

Sorry, no offense meant at all i assure you! I so appreciate you "artists" that take the time to make these. Like said above , its just not my style. I dont limit myself to just minimal styles, however if there is just too much on it and going on it's not my taste. That does not mean its not good . Like i said, i do appreciate the hard work. Thanks

If every WindowBlinds skin was just a Luna-derivative as so many msstyles are then what would be the justification to use WindowBlinds in the first place?

It's a self-selecting group. The people who use WindowBlinds generally prefer skins that are a different style than the typical msstyles user.

Having been on here for years, many times msstyles advocates come across as people who would be perfectly happy with Windows classic but couldn't figure out how to change the title bar color from display properties.