First Quake 4 Screenshots

"Quaking Doom

After Doom 3's top-class graphics engine made headlines in 2004, it's hardly surprising to hear it's being used for a triple-A 2005 release in Quake IV. Continuing the recent industry trend of revitalizing older first-person shooter favorites, Wisconsin-based developer Raven Software is doing the hard work. Quake IV's project lead Eric Biessman was kind enough to fill us in on the game's plot, which starts where Quake II left off:

'After destroying the Strogg's collective brain and leader -- the Makron -- the Strogg have quickly regrouped under a new and more powerful Makron. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time you're not alone. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal. Quake IV delivers you deeper into the heart of Stroggos.'

Thanks, Eric. Guess that must be what passes for fun in Wisconsin. Take a look at these work-in-progress screens for a taste of what's to come -- looks like Raven will be making awesome use of the Doom 3 engine."

quake4_01_1024x768_exclusive.jpg

quake4_02_1024x768_exclusive.jpg

Source: Internet

Edit: Not first ones, but still orzm!

I saw these the other day and to put it bluntly I extremely unimpressed. They're so lifeless, fake and plastic. Baaaad.

585181716[/snapback]

True. The skin in the first model looks like a toy. Even some Doom 3 models has better work on that department.

In the other hand this game is just an Alpha so that might change.

I noticed another thing.

One of the "marines" in the second pic (the one in the left) is not holding a gun but his pose suggest that he its...

Bad screenshots! They are hyping a game long before its release with bad screenshots.

bleh, i find doom 3 engine fugly and dark

they should have used source

585181726[/snapback]

they should brighten things up a bit, that would look better.

I noticed another thing.

One of the "marines" in the second pic (the one in the left) is not holding a gun but his pose suggest that he its...

Bad screenshots! They are hyping a game long before its release with bad screenshots.

585181728[/snapback]

I remember one of the early Halflife 2 screenshots had the same thing, a missing gun :)

what is wrong with you people, i was more impressed with the doom engine thatn the source engine

585181911[/snapback]

I found both engines amazing, especially since a gfx card upgrade, and agree that I can't understand why people couldn't be impressed with the Doom3 engine, loved the dark cinematic atmosphere of D3, and also thought HL2 was a revolutionary game and engine.

The more of either the better.

Back on topic, looks nice, will have to wait to see if looking good equates to being good (can't imagine this won't be anything but cool from their past record).

these have been floating around the net quite long by now. i'm still a diehard quake3 fan.

585181739[/snapback]

yep, same here :yes: