Did you have faulty Half-Life 2 CD's?

Did you have faulty Half-Life 2 CD's?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Did you have faulty Half-Life 2 CD's?

• Yes
    • No

well it appears i have faulty/damaged half life 2 cds from the 5 cd set.anyone else here on neowin have a problem?did you return them to the place you got them and got a replacement?or send them back to sierra?id like to hear your stories.

yeh. my cd3 came damaged. i took it back to the store and they replaced it.

alternatively, i called vivendi universal and they said that i could mail it to them and they'd replace them if the store didn't.

I puchased the 5 cd set also, but so far I haven't noticed any damage, although I've only installed it once. I hate having to use the CD to play the game though, there's no image file for Daemon?

YES! TWICE!!!

It was downright rediculous. Between the Cheap cd sleeves, the faulty cd's, and NO manual... I have little respect for the company. Game is great, but they really screwed us over.

Chode, it's Vivendi, not Valve's problem / mess up:yes::

585182638[/snapback]

Yeah, Vivendi need to die(Y)):))

I can't understand why more people didn't buy from Steam to support Valve? Maybe because of payment methods, I think Valve should of integrated PayPal personally.

I puchased the 5 cd set also, but so far I haven't noticed any damage, although I've only installed it once.  I hate having to use the CD to play the game though, there's no image file for Daemon?

585182421[/snapback]

I thought they got rid of the cd check. Mine doesn't check anymore so you may want to log on to steam and let it update HL2.

5 cd's no problem during the install but I agree for $50.00 US they should have come with a Jewel case and a Maneul I hate when companies do that no case I felt ripped off after paying so much for it the last game that came that way was MAFIA now you can buy it for $10.00 US on the discount game rack and it comes in a nifty case :angry:

All the cd's are technically damaged. If you don't install Counter Strike Source, it will have an error.

GG Valve/Vivendi (Y)

585182503[/snapback]

privet, priatno videt nashih na neowine!! :D

I had some install problems. I had to restart the install 4 times before it would succesfully complete.

585192100[/snapback]

Same here.But i finally got it installed.It didnt like my fast dvd reader drive.

Also i belive they did remove the CD check if you update steam.

i bought DVD edition, and the valve video when u start the game does not play for me. all i get is white screen with stripes. otherwise my HL2 experience was excellent :D