Desktop Properties

In school we have an old Win98 machine.

We use it mainly for Photoshop, but lately something weird happened to it and the edges of the screen get cut off.

First, I thought that this happened because the resolution was too large. So I tried going into Desktop Properties to change it, but right clicking and selecting 'Properties' does NOTHING.

Since this is an old OS, I don't think it's a matter of user logged in.. Or is it?

What can be done? :wacko: Thanks!

Umm, did you check the monitor settings? With most monitors (especially CRT ones) you can adjust the width, height, position, stretch, etc of the screen. Sounds like it just got set too wide and you should be able to narrow it down with the monitor settings. Generally some of the buttons on the front.

In school we have an old Win98 machine.

We use it mainly for Photoshop, but lately something weird happened to it and the edges of the screen get cut off.

First, I thought that this happened because the resolution was too large. So I tried going into Desktop Properties to change it, but right clicking and selecting 'Properties' does NOTHING.

Since this is an old OS, I don't think it's a matter of user logged in.. Or is it?

What can be done?  :wacko: Thanks!

585215429[/snapback]

i think they did that for security purposes.

I think your right-click has been disabled for security issues.

585216315[/snapback]

He can right-click, but nothing happens when he left-clicks on "Properties."

Have you tried getting to the Display Properties screen by going through the Control Panel?

He can right-click, but nothing happens when he left-clicks on "Properties."

Have you tried getting to the Display Properties screen by going through the Control Panel?

585216328[/snapback]

administrative restrictions can still allow right-clicks and disable the properties, at least in my experience.

administrative restrictions can still allow right-clicks and disable the properties, at least in my experience.

585217429[/snapback]

Yep. That's right. I disabled it on my Windows 98 PC.