Logitech Readies Top Gaming Mouse

LOGITECH IS ABOUT TO CHANGE gaming peripherals once again with a new mouse. One of the things it did not announce at CES was the new 518 mouse. This successor to the MX510 gaming mouse combines the best of the older one, the laser technology from the MX1000, and has a new twist.

The twist is adjustable DPI, intended for the gamer. The 518 has a hardware switch that will instantly change the sensitivity from 800 to 1200 to 1600DPI. Need twitchy response for fast maneuvering, done. Slow things down for sniping? Done. Overall, a really bright idea, I look forward to Logitech announcing it.

Source: The Inq.

-----------------

I Might get this one. sounds sweet :)

Definitely sounds cool, maybe it can pull me away from this MSv1.1, and replace the dream of an MSv3 by this new logitech

It better be corded *prays*

Cool. and i'm assuming its going to be corded.  I was waiting for the corded version of the mx1000 to come out.  Didnt realize it was going to be a gaming version :cool:

585308249[/snapback]

I'm the opposite.. I'd like a cordless mouse.. the only reason I don't like the MX1000 is because it's not black.. Sounds stupid, but I don't want the sight of all my black parts (case, monitor, keyboard) to be ruined by a blue mouse.

Why you all still moaning and whining about the MX1000 not being corded?

if you STILL think Cordless mice lag and are rubbish I suggest you try one.

Ive never noticed my last 3 Logitech Cordless Mice lag at all.

Wow, 518? You'd think they would come up with a better name...  :rolleyes:

585309079[/snapback]

If it's the successor to the MX510, what else do you want them to name it? If you call it the 600, people are going to think it's a lower quality mouse than the MX700.

Why you all still moaning and whining about the MX1000 not being corded?

if you STILL think Cordless mice lag and are rubbish I suggest you try one.

Ive never noticed my last 3 Logitech Cordless Mice lag at all.

585309127[/snapback]

What if I just want a lighter mouse without ever having to worry about the battery? Plus, it will probably be cheaper.

I have an MX1000 and it is AMAZING. Seriously, I don't notice any lag whatsoever when playing games with it, and the laser really does seem to help things. This is my first wireless mouse, well, ever, and I am extremely pleased.

I hate corded mice, Im glad that they started the wireless revolution. Ive had my MX Duo for a while now and I've had NO LAG. The mouse isnt heavy at all unless you are just weak to begin with and battery?? Dont make me laugh, Ive never seen the battery light on my mouse in over a year and a half

Cordless is just simply better and cleaner looking if you like your room clean of wires.

I'm the opposite.. I'd like a cordless mouse.. the only reason I don't like the MX1000 is because it's not black.. Sounds stupid, but I don't want the sight of all my black parts (case, monitor, keyboard) to be ruined by a blue mouse.

585309049[/snapback]

Can't find a US site w/it, but here's what you're looking for:

http://www.backoffice.be/shop/hotitem.asp?pkga=E8D&pkgb=22