Naruto Anime Licensed by ShoPro

For All those that watch Naruto The Anime, It has been Licensed. Now how wil we watch naruto? Im :angry:

This Site Below Is To read More About this, ShoPros Site(people who are Licensing it)

http://www.shopro-entertainment.com/contact.html

Heres a Site to Sign Against This.

http://www.petitiononline.com/naruto99/petition.html

Naruto Anime Licensed by ShoPro Entertainment Inc

ShoPro Entertainment, Inc. which recently announced it?s upcoming merger with VIZ, LLC to form one of the entertainment industry's most innovative, comprehensive manga and animation licensing and publishing companies, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors, TV TOKYO Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to Naruto for North America and Latin America. The appointment of ShoPro Entertainment as Master Licensor was facilitated by TV TOKYO Medianet, the licensing arm of TV TOKYO.

ShoPro Entertainment, the San Francisco based affiliate of ShoPro Japan, plans to introduce a dynamic roll-out strategy that will leverage the strong manga and entertainment brand into a broad licensing and marketing program. Naruto?s television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

"We are ecstatic about Naruto! It is a great privilege to be bringing such an outstanding property to the Americas," said John Easum, Senior Vice President of ShoPro Entertainment. "Naruto became an explosive hit in Japan after it was first launched in Shueisha?s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1999 and it continues to be an enormous success. Naruto has also established a very large American fan base through the US manga series published by VIZ. We anticipate a huge success."

First introduced into the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan in 1999, Naruto quickly became Japan?s most popular ninja manga. In 2000, Naruto was expanded into a series of graphic novels and is currently in its 26th volume, with nearly 49 million copies sold in total in Japan. Weekly Shonen Jump, published by one of Japan?s largest publishers, Shueisha Inc., is considered the world?s most successful comic magazine with over 3 million copies printed weekly in Japan alone.

Since 2003, the Naruto series has been serialized in the US edition of the monthly Shonen Jump, and published as a graphic novel series by VIZ, LLC. At retail, Naruto consistently ranks as one of the top graphic novel titles in the US and one of the most popular titles serialized in SHONEN JUMP. The manga has also been published in most major markets in Europe and Asia to great success.

Targeting tweens and teens, the Naruto animated series, produced by PIERROT CO., LTD. debuted in Japan in October 2002 on TV TOKYO and quickly established itself as one of TV TOKYO?s highest rated animated series. Today, Naruto is considered one of the most popular animated series in Japan?s history and has achieved immense success not only as a manga and TV title, but also in the realm of licensed categories such as toys, trading card games and video games.

The story of Naruto takes place in another world where ninjas are the ultimate power. In the village of Konohagakure live some of the stealthiest and most respected ninjas in the land. But 12 years prior, Konohagakure faced a fearsome threat - a nine-tailed fox demon, which terrorized the village and caused massive destruction before it was finally defeated. The Hokage, the village leader and most powerful ninja, was able to subdue the fox by sealing its soul inside the body of an orphaned baby boy. Now that boy, Uzumaki Naruto, has grown up to become a ninja-in-training, learning the art of ninjutsu with his classmates Sakura and Sasuke. The trio of student ninjas study under the instruction of their teacher, Kakashi. With Kakashi, the group faces a series of dangerous and daunting tests and challenges. Through their adventures, the young ninjas learn the importance of friendship, teamwork, loyalty, hard work, creativity, ingenuity, and right vs. wrong.

The key characters are Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto, shunned by the village because he bears the taint of the fox demon imprisoned within him, is a rascally orphan who has grown into an attention-seeking troublemaker. Although his preoccupation with playful pranks leaves him struggling to graduate from Ninja Academy, he's determined to become the next Hokage. Sasuke, the top student in Naruto?s class, comes from the prestigious Uchiha clan. Sasuke is driven by a secret desire to win revenge against a mysterious person who wronged him in the past. And the smart and studious Sakura is the brightest of Naruto?s classmates, but she is constantly distracted by her crush on Sasuke. She hopes to some day win Sasuke?s heart?if Naruto doesn?t get in the way.

About ShoPro Entertainment/VIZ LLC Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, ShoPro Entertainment and VIZ, LLC recently announced their upcoming merger to become one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. The new company, whose name will be announced shortly, will be owned by three of Japan?s largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shogakukan Inc., Shueisha Inc. and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan).

ShoPro Entertainment/ VIZ is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The new company offers an integrated product line including magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment starting from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages.ShoPro Entertainment, Inc. which recently announced it?s upcoming merger with VIZ, LLC to form one of the entertainment industry's most innovative, comprehensive manga and animation licensing and publishing companies, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors, TV TOKYO Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to Naruto for North America and Latin America. The appointment of ShoPro Entertainment as Master Licensor was facilitated by TV TOKYO Medianet, the licensing arm of TV TOKYO.

ShoPro Entertainment, the San Francisco based affiliate of ShoPro Japan, plans to introduce a dynamic roll-out strategy that will leverage the strong manga and entertainment brand into a broad licensing and marketing program. Naruto?s television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

"We are ecstatic about Naruto! It is a great privilege to be bringing such an outstanding property to the Americas," said John Easum, Senior Vice President of ShoPro Entertainment. "Naruto became an explosive hit in Japan after it was first launched in Shueisha?s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1999 and it continues to be an enormous success. Naruto has also established a very large American fan base through the US manga series published by VIZ. We anticipate a huge success."

First introduced into the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan in 1999, Naruto quickly became Japan?s most popular ninja manga. In 2000, Naruto was expanded into a series of graphic novels and is currently in its 26th volume, with nearly 49 million copies sold in total in Japan. Weekly Shonen Jump, published by one of Japan?s largest publishers, Shueisha Inc., is considered the world?s most successful comic magazine with over 3 million copies printed weekly in Japan alone.

Since 2003, the Naruto series has been serialized in the US edition of the monthly Shonen Jump, and published as a graphic novel series by VIZ, LLC. At retail, Naruto consistently ranks as one of the top graphic novel titles in the US and one of the most popular titles serialized in SHONEN JUMP. The manga has also been published in most major markets in Europe and Asia to great success.

Targeting tweens and teens, the Naruto animated series, produced by PIERROT CO., LTD. debuted in Japan in October 2002 on TV TOKYO and quickly established itself as one of TV TOKYO?s highest rated animated series. Today, Naruto is considered one of the most popular animated series in Japan?s history and has achieved immense success not only as a manga and TV title, but also in the realm of licensed categories such as toys, trading card games and video games. The story of Naruto takes place in another world where ninjas are the ultimate power. In the village of Konohagakure live some of the stealthiest and most respected ninjas in the land. But 12 years prior, Konohagakure faced a fearsome threat - a nine-tailed fox demon, which terrorized the village and caused massive destruction before it was finally defeated. The Hokage, the village leader and most powerful ninja, was able to subdue the fox by sealing its soul inside the body of an orphaned baby boy. Now that boy, Uzumaki Naruto, has grown up to become a ninja-in-training, learning the art of ninjutsu with his classmates Sakura and Sasuke. The trio of student ninjas study under the instruction of their teacher, Kakashi. With Kakashi, the group faces a series of dangerous and daunting tests and challenges. Through their adventures, the young ninjas learn the importance of friendship, teamwork, loyalty, hard work, creativity, ingenuity, and right vs. wrong.

The key characters are Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto, shunned by the village because he bears the taint of the fox demon imprisoned within him, is a rascally orphan who has grown into an attention-seeking troublemaker. Although his preoccupation with playful pranks leaves him struggling to graduate from Ninja Academy, he's determined to become the next Hokage. Sasuke, the top student in Naruto?s class, comes from the prestigious Uchiha clan. Sasuke is driven by a secret desire to win revenge against a mysterious person who wronged him in the past. And the smart and studious Sakura is the brightest of Naruto?s classmates, but she is constantly distracted by her crush on Sasuke. She hopes to some day win Sasuke?s heart?if Naruto doesn?t get in the way.

About ShoPro Entertainment/VIZ LLC Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, ShoPro Entertainment and VIZ, LLC recently announced their upcoming merger to become one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. The new company, whose name will be announced shortly, will be owned by three of Japan?s largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shogakukan Inc., Shueisha Inc. and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan).

ShoPro Entertainment/ VIZ is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The new company offers an integrated product line including magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment starting from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages.

Edited by Narutorocker

Noooooooo,

Hopefully they will have good english dub.  :cry:

DO not Stop the FanSub please!

585478280[/snapback]

well....ANBU obviously is going to stop...just like they did with Full Metal Alchemist...however....other might take up the job...still though...but you can't say you're surprised...we all saw it coming..

why do people ALWAYS bitch about animes being licensed and dubbed, ya that means you prolly gotta buy it now, ya you might have to get off your ass and get a job which would take away some of your precious neowin time, and you should be happy cause now you have more choices, 1. actually PAY for it and get better quality stuff and save space on your PC, or 2. DL lower quality stuff and take up space on your PC, but you know what i think???

post4810944599777or.jpg

^example: 4Kids getting the rights to it....

if you like the anime enough, you would be willin to buy it...

Ever considered not to be freeloading ?... you know... actually buy anime ? you know... actually support them and maybe give them a reason to make more ?

585478254[/snapback]

What do you expect when people are used to watching unlicensed anime for months/years and then right in their face an announcement that goes "licensed by bingo bongo". It doesn't stop fansubbers although the reknown ones "usually" don't sub licensed animation.

Naruto will so become the next Dragonball lol

This doesnt mean the RAW versions will stop - More reason for me to learn Japanese :D!!! This sucks... It will just lead to more piracy in my point of view. Naruto is a great success in Japan and around the world. It was doing fine before this came up. Hopefully the fansubs will still be running.

http://www.petitiononline.com/naruto99/petition.html

Go there And Sign Really Fast . Maybe This Can help .

Currently 409 People Signed

585479923[/snapback]

"PetitionOnline.com provides free online hosting of

public petitions for responsible public advocacy."

below that you see:

The Stop Ashlee Simpson

Save Arrested Development!!

Save American Dreams (TV show on NBC, cause it would be really silly if someone put that)

Multiplatform Games Sold In Same Box

ect.

i actually laughed at that "it will be the next Draogn Ball" comment, someone obviously doesnt know their anime, because for such a "bad" show it sure was the #1 anime for a long time, and when a show has over 400 successful episodes, about 16 movies, and about 5 specials, id say the show kicked ass. and its too late to stop the dubbing of Naruto because from what ive heard they have been working on the deal for about 2 years, plus they are planning the release dates now.

oh and for the people who dont know, Naruto probably will become the next DBZ because of the fact it was based on DBZ, (the creator said Akira Toriyama spellin? was a big inspiration, plus just from watching the show i can tell you its based on DBZ, i can even tell you who most of the characters are based on)

and why do people act like because its getting dubbed then its the end of subs? no matter what, there will always be subs online for those who dont like to pay for what they like...

i actually laughed at that "it will be the next Draogn Ball" comment, someone obviously doesnt know their anime, because for such a "bad" show it sure was the #1 anime for a long time, and when a show has over 400 successful episodes, about 16 movies, and about 5 specials, id say the show kicked ass. and its too late to stop the dubbing of Naruto because from what ive heard they have been working on the deal for about 2 years, plus they are planning the release dates now.

oh and for the people who dont know, Naruto probably will become the next DBZ because of the fact it was based on DBZ, (the creator said Akira Toriyama spellin? was a big inspiration, plus just from watching the show i can tell you its based on DBZ, i can even tell you who most of the characters are based on)

and why do people act like because its getting dubbed then its the end of subs? no matter what, there will always be subs online for those who dont like to pay for what they like...

585479991[/snapback]

it's not the fact that it's going to get subbed. it's the fact that it will become americanized. meaning all the blood, death, and sexual reffrences will be taken out of the show and replaced by crapy scenes. DBZ was way better when i watched it in japanese than when i saw it on american TV.

they don't care (or they are too stupid to realize) that all the violence and cusing are PART of the character. you take that stuff out, the character changes.

i don't think it's right that they get to pick up an anime whenever they want and butcher it just so they can get more money :angry:

oh and if anyone wants to discuss about cussing not being neccesary, i can argue about it being neccesary for days on end. basically, cussing is nothing more than showing an emotion to a certain degree. If someone says "oh darn" you think very little of it. but if someone says "OH F*CK" you know something big justs went wrong.

Edited by PermaSt0ne

i can garuntee this will turn into another DBZ situation. the licensing people will go "look a really popular anime ! ! !  we can get a ton of money from it" and then they will realize that it has blood, sexual reffrences, and a lot of dieing.

so they will cut it all out and make cheap  (and total obvious) replacement scenes that suck in comparison to the originals.

i don't think it's right that they get to pick up an anime whenever they want and butcher it just so they can get more money  :angry:

585480003[/snapback]

Like Germany's Half Life where the zombies become robots and their "blood" turns green?

Sexual references in Naruto? Nah! Blood definitely. Me thinks the company hasnt done enough research on the anime and just went for the biggest piece of pie. I mean they only have Doraemon and SonicX and other "cute" animes released as dubs.

Well, I've been looking at the comments on NarutoFan.com - and it seems the fan sub community will not be closing down. Afterall its not piracy - They're not profiting from it and the quality of the video is lowered down anyway. Compared to the DVD's the company will be selling theirs look like over anti-aliased and blurred images. Hoping things will stay the same for Dattebayo and AOne. Have to bid farewell to ANBU though...

Aww.. that sucks for all the Naruto fans... I never really got into it.

I got to know anime with Dragonball Z, now I only watch Bleach, which is great imo. Hope they don't license that too :unsure:

Like Germany's Half Life where the zombies become robots and their "blood" turns green?

Sexual references in Naruto? Nah! Blood definitely. Me thinks the company hasnt done enough research on the anime and just went for the biggest piece of pie. I mean they only have Doraemon and SonicX and other "cute" animes released as dubs.

Well, I've been looking at the comments on NarutoFan.com - and it seems the fan sub community will not be closing down. Afterall its not piracy - They're not profiting from it and the quality of the video is lowered down anyway. Compared to the DVD's the company will be selling theirs look like over anti-aliased and blurred images. Hoping things will stay the same for Dattebayo and AOne. Have to bid farewell to ANBU though...

585480025[/snapback]

i believe they were only aloud to sub it because it wasn't liscenced. can't remember were i read that from. was one of the FAQ's on a naruto site asking "isn't it illegal to sub the episodes?"

man and i was hoping i'd be able to d/l the naruto movie too :(

As long as there's original dialog w/ english subs included in the licensed releases I'll a happy camper.

585480040[/snapback]

Yup this is what people seem to always ignore , If you buy it on dvd your going to get the original verison.

Yup this is what people seem to always ignore , If you buy it on dvd your going to get the original verison.

585480057[/snapback]

Fansubs dont censor out all the 4 letter words though. You're not getting the full effect of the translation. Alot is lost in translation which I and many others wont want. 4 letter words are important!!!!

Well whatever happens - There will still always be underground subs. I mean there's a Malay dub showing on local/Malaysian TV and Im sure THAT isnt licensed. Licenses - Psscchh!

Well it has been stated that famed subbing group AONE will keep subbing the serise Naruto. This is good but this relys that they can still get their RAW versions from Saiyaman, this is good and Saiyaman did provide Inuyasha RAW versions even though it was licensed. I am just going to take it they will keep providing RAW versions of Naruto. This means AONE will keep subbing and your stil going to get your dose of Naruto each and every week it is out. There is no confirmation on other sub groups like DB or ANBU but hopefully they follow the path, but if they don't we have AONE, and if they chose to not sub Naruto anymore. We have a special back up plan.

It has not been revealed when the first release of Naruto will be, or when production will officially start but we will let you know as soon as we know. As of now we can say that many things in the Naruto community will remain the same, AonE has said they will not drop Naruto as a series they subtitle. ANBU however is likely to drop the series completely, while Dattebayo has not made an official comment on the matter. We should all still expect to see Naruto Episode 122 coming out RAW tomorrow, from SaiyaMan or L33T Raws, I suspect they will not let us down. Our BitTorrent page is in jeopardy, and we warn everyone that it will be removed very shortly as AnimeSuki will be removing it, and ScaryWater is likely to remove the BitTorrent tracker that contains Naruto. Its hours are very limited.

source www.Narutofan.com

I'm watching naruto for 2.5 years now, ever since the preview came out, so I'd be really really really bummed if they quit it in the middle of a fight 9which would be the current situation) t least give it some closure, quit at a filler ep or something...

It's good though to see AonE has made a response this quickly :)