Police Find $5 Million In Abondoned Truck

CRANBURY, New Jersey (AP) -- State police seized more than $5 million in cash Thursday from a tractor-trailer found idling unattended for two days on the shoulder of a roadway, authorities said.

The driver, Salvadore Delarosa, 46, of San Bernardino, California, was arrested on a money laundering charge.

"The cash is the proceeds of illegal conduct, possibly narcotics activity, but that still remains under investigation," Attorney General Peter Harvey said. Investigators have not yet determined the exact source of the money.

Delarosa was seen near the vehicle Thursday, said state police spokesman Capt. Al Della Fave.

After questioning him, authorities found the cash in six cardboard boxes in the sleeping berth behind the cab. Each weighed about 100 pounds; the bills were mixed denominations, Della Fave said.

Della Fave said a preliminary count put the total at about $5.3 million, which would make it the largest money seizure in state history.

source:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/02/18/cash.seized.ap/index.html

Let me just give some advice to the noob crooks:

When the mob boss tells you to ditch the stolen truck, he means for you to take the loot out first...

man, that is a lot of money. I probably would have turned in 3 of the 6 boxes...:)

Sidenote: It amazes me how people cannot spell common words correctly, ...it is AbAndoned, not Abondoned.

well i honestly dont need 5.3 million, ifi found it id take bout $2000, i dont need much more to be honest

585493620[/snapback]

You don't need much more than $2000? Is that sarcasm? Do you not plan on eating ever again? Do you not plan on buying a car ever? House? Cell phone? Utilities? College? Taxes? Your prescious internet costs money too! What the heck, $2000 would probably not even last most people more than a month.

Let me just give some advice to the noob crooks:

When the mob boss tells you to ditch the stolen truck, he means for you to take the loot out first...

585493606[/snapback]

haha, lol, well said. Even before that steal a copy of "Money Laundering for Dummies" and read it.

You don't need much more than $2000?  Is that sarcasm?  Do you not plan on eating ever again?  Do you not plan on buying a car ever?  House?  Cell phone?  Utilities?  College?  Taxes?  Your prescious internet costs money too!  What the heck, $2000 would probably not even last most people more than a month.

585493629[/snapback]

im not greedy like most people, plus thats all id need right now, id find my on ways of making money later in life

I wonder if the police officers actually found $6 million .... :shifty:

585493630[/snapback]

ha, good point...I wonder about stuff like that, too. It would be so easy to take one of those boxes and live happy.

If there was a total of around $6 million in 6 boxes, then each probably had about a million in it. So yea, I would be happy with one million tax free dollars.

cranbury is not that far from me.. if each box weighed 100 lbs.. id def be able to get 2 in my car in a matter of a few minutes... why couldnt i stumble upon this truck... oh well...

1st cop: Oh my, there are 10 boxes with $1 million dollars in each one. That's $10 million!

2nd cop: Look again, I only see five boxes.

Yea... I think that its kinda shifty. I think everyone would take something.. Even a 20. People need to eat man!

If it was only one cop that pulled up first, then he definately took something.