Chaos Theory Gets OXM's Highest Score Ever!

Wednesday 03.16.05 - Official

Chaos Theory Gets OXM's Highest Score Ever!

TOM CLANCY?S SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY? GIVEN HIGHEST-EVER REVIEW SCORE OF OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE (US)Paris, FRANCE ? March 16, 2005 ? ? Today Ubisoft, one of the world?s largest video game publishers, proudly announces that the Official Xbox Magazine (US) has given its Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory? the highest review score in the magazine?s history: 9.9 out of 10. Official Xbox Magazine is the world?s Number 1 selling Xbox magazine (circulation 400 000).

?Buy it, play it, treasure it. It?s a rare genuine classic and the game the Xbox was built for,? writes Official Xbox Magazine?s Ryan McCaffrey in his review. He adds, ?Topping Riddick and Halo 2 by a mile, this level of visual details shouldn?t be possible on an Xbox.?

?Our development teams have put their heart and soul into this game, putting in countless hours towards one ultimate objective: to create the best possible game on the Xbox?, pushing the limits of their imaginations and of the machine itself,? said Ubisoft?s President and CEO, Yves Guillemot. ?We?re thrilled that the reporters at Official Xbox Magazine and other publications have recognized the incredible creativity and tremendous efforts that have been poured into this game over the past 3 years.?

The excellent reviews of the game include fantastic scores of 19/20 from Official Xbox Magazine France (circulation 80 000), a 10/10 from UK Xbox World (25 000 circulation), a 9.75 from Game Informer (over 1.6 million subscribers), and scores of 10, 9.5 and 9.0 from Electronic Gaming Monthly (circulation 570,000), with many more outstanding but still confidential evaluations to come.

Tom Clancy?s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory? is the third installment of Ubisoft?s award-winning franchise, with 10 million copies sold. It will be available in stores on March 31st for Xbox?, PlayStation?2, GameCube? and PC throughout North? 2005 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Sam Fisher, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

?PlayStation? is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox Live, and the Xbox and Xbox Live logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries and are used under license from Microsoft.

NINTENDO, NINTENDO GAMECUBE and About Tom Clancy:go are trademarks of Nintendo. d About Tom Clancy:go are trademarks of Nintendo.

About Tom Clancy: With over 80 million books sold, Tom Clancy is arguably the world?s most recognized author. His works include fiction such as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Rainbow Six, Red Rabbit, and the recently released The Teeth of the Tiger. Clancy also writes non-fiction works about weapons and various military units. Four of his books havAbout Ubisoft:d into highly successful feature films.

About Ubisoft: Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide. It is the fastest growing company in the videogame industry and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge videogame titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of ? 508 million for the 2003?2004 fiscal year, an increase of 22.5% over the previous fiscal year at constant exchange rates. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com

Source: Ubisoft.com :woot:

CGW's March 2005 issue cover story talks about CT's new lighting system and rendering engine. Unfortunately, the Feb 2005 issue is still up on their site but their site hasn't updated to Mar 2005 yet; so you'll have to wait.

I cannot wait for this game at all. I'm still playing the xbox demo to help me through until the release date. :laugh:

I had a feeling this would happen ever since the game was announced :rofl:

It's just a gut feeling I had when the first news of the game started coming in. I've been anticipating it for a long time.

Why wouldn't they give it a ten?

I mean it's there for a reason, right? They should use it. On this game. :)

Anyone know where to read the complete review?

Why wouldn't they give it a ten?

I mean it's there for a reason, right? They should use it. On this game. :)

Anyone know where to read the complete review?

585635008[/snapback]

cuz "10" it's already reserved for Halo3... :ninja: :shifty: :rolleyes: :o :whistle: :woot: :rofl:

Halo 2 got 10/10 from OXM.

I'll quote the latest issue:

Reviews

Elite Directory The best of Xbox games that scored 8.5 and more!

Halo 2

Reviewed: Issue 36

Type: FPS

"You wont find a better single-player and multiplayer game on this generation of consoles"

Score: 10.0 XBL: *****

Halo getting a high score?

Wow that says a lot from Official Xbox mag...:p

But no i really love the splinter cell series its so good i hope chaos just keeps on getting better, it is by the looks of it. :)

no, its a 10.0

I live in the UK if it matters, i think we have different OXMs

585640545[/snapback]

Oh :p

In the US it only got 9.75. I think the Australian OXM gave it a 10 as well.

I love the chaos theory xbox demo, its amazing:)

when i first tried it my jaw DROPPED at the lovely graphics, at the beginning with the wet wood on the boat at the beach, it was... amazing.

first splinter cell game i played since the first on PC

next month we get the Live! enabled demo