Is it just me or is PS2 startin to suck?

Im a big PC/Console fan. I have all the systems.... But it seems like PS2 cant handle good graphic games.. I just recently bought Tekken 5 as a last hope ... The graphics are Horrid. Seems like x-box has it beat big time now... PC of course blows em both away... but still ... how about retire the PS2 release all games on x-box from now on... Sry PS2 fans.... But its time to sell em while they are worth at least some $$$...Im selling mine if anyone is interesed. I have the multi adapter, like 4 games, 4 controllers......like brand new almost .... If your interested let me know.... :yes:

It's just getting pushed too close to its limits, whereas the Xbox is a more powerful machine and has more to work with. I mean, there are still some quality PS2 games out there... MGS3 and Ace Combat 5 both looked fabulous, for example.

OMG wow dude u kno tekken 5 is just a re-make of all the old games RETARD LOLZ it has a new story yest but the main thing that sells it is the option to play the old style arcade games dating back to what 1994 seriously it even got a 9.2 on gamespot. seriously wow

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tekken5...tml?tag=mp_2to9

and xbox still has problems to look at halo 2s cut scenes it tells everything

and also prefer my pc over anything

Is it me or is the XBOX starting to suck?

Im a big PC/Console fan. I have all the systems.... But it seems like XBOX just doesn't have very good games.. I recently bought Halo 2 as it was good and it was my console seller ... But after I beat it, all the other games are horrible... PS2 has many more good games... but still ... how about retire the XBOX release all games on ps2 from now on... Sry XBOX fans.... But its time to sell em while they are worth at least some $$$...Im selling mine if anyone is interesed. I have a 1.6 box with an X3 and a 120 gig hdd...

Jake-

technology evolves...games get better...and hardware has to be upgraded to run those games...

PS2 wasn't release last week...obviously it would start to suck.... :blink:

Is it me or is the XBOX starting to suck?

Im a big PC/Console fan. I have all the systems.... But it seems like XBOX just doesn't have very good games.. I recently bought Halo 2 as it was good and it was my console seller ... But after I beat it, all the other games are horrible... PS2 has many more good games... but still ... how about retire the XBOX release all games on ps2 from now on... Sry XBOX fans.... But its time to sell em while they are worth at least some $$$...Im selling mine if anyone is interesed. I have a 1.6 box with an X3 and a 120 gig hdd...

Jake-

585635340[/snapback]

LOL! True... They really need to release a better console soon.. They can only milk these systems for so long.... Halo 2 seemed rushed to me.... I guess I will just be playin WoW for awhile... Nice reply though... $hit had me rollin...

thats why the grapics suck man...its been over 4 years....you think a ps2 going to play games that are made today?

nope :)

thats why we got new xbox and ps3 coming out

thats why the grapics suck man...its been over 4 years....you think a ps2 going to play games that are made today?

nope :)

thats why we got new xbox and ps3 coming out

585635393[/snapback]

Yea I wonder how much quicker they would be to release it if everyone got together and stopped buyin all these crappy games....They probably would be bustin thier asses.... :yes:

well guys, both PS3 and Xbox360 will be unveiled and possibly out this year, so it aint long time to w8, considering ps2 has been around for so long

Also, I'm a robotech fan. I bought the PS2 and Xbox ver of Robotech. In the XBOX version I'd get stuck in cielings, on buildings. I felt like I was playing a PC game... yet consol games are supposed to "just work". PS2 games 9 times outa 10 work flawless... If I wana play a game with kickass graphics, but glitches due to MISC things(sometiems unforseen to the maker) I'll play it on PC. Consoles have no excuse for that.

The graphics suck on the PS2 because game makers are too lazy to utilise the emotion engine cause they dont feel like programing it. Thats the reason why third party games look terrable and big name PS2 only releases look fantastic.

It's 6 years old, so technically, it has 1999 graphics.

Compared to the latest PC technology, and even the xbox, the PS2's main issues are: low-resolution textures, aliasing, pop-up and loading times. :cry:

But that's why the xbox 2, ps3 and new Nintendo are waiting around the corner.

Scheduled for Christmas 2005 in Japan and spring/summer in Europe/USA. :ninja:

It's 6 years old, so technically, it has 1999 graphics.

Compared to the latest PC technology, and even the xbox, the PS2's main issues are: low-resolution textures, aliasing, pop-up and loading times. :cry:

But that's why the xbox 2, ps3 and new Nintendo are waiting around the corner.

Scheduled for Christmas 2005 in Japan and spring/summer in Europe/USA. :ninja:

585635540[/snapback]

Well what if they push the date into late 2006 or 2007 even? .... Sad to say but it looks like we will be playin these types of games for over another year huh fellas? I used to be a big fan of FF on the PS2 until that last one that was released. Now the new one should be out soon... Kinda sad... im almost not looking forward to it cause of the system... I havent really had time to see if they are going to release it on PS3 or not... Hope so.. I still have a few games I play on there... GTA, Onimusha, Mortal Kombat, Dynasty Warriors. So im tryin to get some use out of the PS2...well at least there is the PC. :yes: Gotta love the PC... Its the only thing thats keepin me happy (Graphically) ;)

tekken 5 is gorgeous.

compared to dead or alive ultimate?? are tekken 5 graphics better than that because i got doa:ultimate the other day and the graphics are awesome

I have all three and I am starting to see that the PS2 can no longer keep up. Although Jak 3 is probably the nicest looking console game to date. Nothing beats it, NOTHING!

I have all three and I am starting to see that the PS2 can no longer keep up.  Although Jak 3 is probably the nicest looking console game to date.  Nothing beats it, NOTHING!

585636121[/snapback]

You ever play Resident Evil 4? It kills everything made on the PS2 and shows the cube can hang with the xbox.

You ever play Resident Evil 4?  It kills everything made on the PS2 and shows the cube can hang with the xbox.

585636142[/snapback]

Yes I have and its to bland. Jak 3 is by far the best looking console game to date.

What are you talking about?

here is the rankings of consoles graphics wise (higher is better)

Gamecube

PS2

Xbox

Gamecube is powered by a PowerPC engine and produces the best graphics.

PS2 is top-line hardware from 1999. When it came out, it was better than people's computer graphics.

Xbox is P3 hardware from 1996. Crap.

I am not biased, as I own an Xbox. I really like my xbox, but the graphics are not as great as PS2's can be. The reason you see some multi-platform games with better graphics on Xbox is because Xbox is really easy to code for, whereas PS2 takes time. But, since PS2 is older, programmers already know hoe to best produce the games for it.

I can't wait until PS3 come out. From what I hear, the Cell processor is really something to talk about.

I cant wait for the PS3. Ace Combat 5 has awesome graphics, though they pushed the PS2 to it's limits. How's MGS3? MGS2 had cool graphics but I heard MGS3's story was different from the last 2 games...