Sony Jap PSP firmware update (1.5)

For those who bit the bullet and got a Jap PSP, there's a firmware update available on the Sony website.

http://www.playstation.jp/psp/update/ud_01.html

Updates:

Support for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portugese and Russian

Support to retain the screen mode setting for video data saved on the mem stick

Support to allow resume play after recovery from sleep mode(for video saved on mem stick)

Support to allow resume play of audiot after recovery from sleep mode on mem

It also removes pressing L taking you back to the beginning of a movie. I'm updating now... :happy:

Well I've just updated, I'll upload a movie of the process in a minute for those curious enough.

The file sits on the memory stick in the "GAME" folder and appears in the PSP menu, I hope this goes someone to PSP hackers ripping apart the file and getting custom content running from the memory stick.

Just updated mine too, easy as pie over wifi how cool :) I just snapped up a ton of games in Walmart at midnight I dont know which to play first hehehe

How do i do it over wifi, btw what is wifi?

585663674[/snapback]

Wireless Fidelity(sp?).. :whistle:

You no, the things Wireless things use :unsure:

ye i wanna know how to actually make the update as well

i have downloaded the update..put ma psp into the usb port and into the usb mode but dont know which folder to send the file to.

the update needs to go in this folder PSP/GAME/UPDATE on the mem stick duo, if you havent got those folders you just need to make them then put the update on there.

Once on there launch the psp without a game in then goto game icon and then to the MEMORY STICK option and then you can launch the update from there by pressing the (o) button

it says "the game could not be started"

Edit: The update folder needs to be in capitals.. "UPDATE" (without the quotation marks)

Also, your psp needs to be charged properly.. mine was on 39% battery and it didnt let me do it. I'll let you know wat happens after i finish charging.

Edited by RonXdude

I'm going to buy the psp jap. :blush:

Please confirm me that in the update there is the italian language :D :D :D :D

I did it on the wireless network just pressed network update and let it do its thing. If you do not have a wireless connection to the internet from your PSP put the downloaded file in this folder PSP\Game\Update and then go to the menu item under UMD to update your PSP.

You have to have the AC adapter plugged in to do it BTW , dont even try on batterys

Yup, Italian is there.

"Lingua del sistema - Italiano"

:D

585663912[/snapback]

THANKS!!!!

PSP I'm coming!

In europe maybe will exit in summer :angry: :no: (In the italian official forum of sony, someone says that in eu will exit for christmas) :x

Ahh bouno che un altro intaliano qui, coma stai? (sorry writing italian isnt too good for me, speaking isnt too bad but I can understand it perfectly)

[Ciao! in italia tutto bene, nonostante berlusconi! LOL

Se hai MSN Messenger aggiungimi ai contatti andrea84@hotmail.it]

The official link goes too slow :cry:

Can somebody post a mirror? :blush: :)

I did it on the wireless network just pressed network update and let it do its thing. If you do not have a wireless connection to the internet from your PSP put the downloaded file in this folder PSP\Game\Update and then go to the menu item under UMD to update your PSP.

You have to have the AC adapter plugged in to do it BTW , dont even try on batterys

585663914[/snapback]

How did u do it wireless, do yuo need a wireless internet access? :unsure: