Square Enix to make major announcement

The makers of the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest series will reveal plans for a new RPG next week.

According to the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, Square Enix will be announcing a major role-playing game next week. The Japanese developer and publisher is no stranger to the genre, having crafted two popular RPG franchises, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. Details on the game are understandably being held under wraps. Be sure to check back soon, as GameSpot will reveal details on the announcement next week.

Source: GameSpot :woot:

I can't say this but maybe there is a change because Akira Toriyama is back in the Square team who also helped them with Chrono Trigger for the PSX and Dragon Quest lately:

Chrono Trigger 3 :wub:

Well , a friend of mine e-mailed Square Enix about 2 years ago about another part in the CT-series and they said that an new chrono trigger part will be created.

If it's something to the tune of Chrono Trigger for PSP, I might actually get one soon. I was holding out for getting a PSP in a couple months, since I only want it for the media capability.

It is going to be Chrono Break I know it. I still have 4 other endings of Chrono Cross to get, I better hurry.

It is on GamesAreFun also: GamesAreFun

Square Enix has announced that it's going to be revealing something major next week. More specifically, a major RPG (surprise).

Now, what could this RPG be? Well, it's really anyone's guess. But, some early speculation is a remake of a Final Fantasy game, the announcement of Final Fantasy XIII for PS3, or even.....Chrono Break?!? Yes, various people have been hinting that this announcement is related to another Chrono game.

Unfortunately, we really don't have anything solid to work on right now. So, we'll all just have to wait until Square Enix decides to stop teasing us and reveal their secret. Hopefully this teasing won't disappoint Chrono fans like me, who have seemingly been waiting for news of another Chrono game forever.

Another CT-like game would be awesome. Chrono Trigger was the best Square game, and arguably the best RPG, ever.

Next week will be april fools day, right? :p

585667298[/snapback]

Oh man that would be so cruel of them if they made an annocement they were making a third Chrono Trigger game and then tell us it is an April Fool's joke.

If they were making a third CT it would be even better if they said they got the dream team back together of Hironobu Sakaguchi (producer of the Final Fantasy series), Yuji Horii (scenario designer of the Dragon Quest games), character designer Akira Toriyama (of Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Quest fame), and music composers Yasunori Mitsuda (later known for Xenogears) and Nobuo Uematsu (of Final Fantasy fame.). Now that would be huge if they announced that.

i would simply cry if htey announced a chrono 3, i seriously might.

but i probably won't be disappointed if they don't, i have faith that they'll create a new rpg that will be amazing as well.

just wait and see...

Yeh I think this is going to be announced. I'm not sure there was some gossip on the net saying it was going to be for the PS2 and maybe the PS3 depending on its release date.