RepetoireXP

UPDATED > Misc. bug fixes, changed shellstyle mousever color to white, and added Compact start menu substyle choice.

Repetoire 2.0 in the works.

Download @ DA

:D

**RepetoireXP**

A Theme i have been working on for quite some time, Includes VS, shellstyle, wallpaper and explorerbar iconset (styleXP).

One of my best to date in my opinion. Vertical taskbars are not skinned at this time and will be updated very soon.

If you like my work please visit my site at MAXSTYLES for more Visual Themes.

Peace. :D

vStyler.

Download @ DA.

post-43522-1111726721_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winswy

@ Radish..Um.. cos its blue and red with a red close button?

....yeah, eh that was covered in the WIP thread, maybe u could read up.

lol u didnt even have time to download it and get an educated opinion.

Anyway, who cares, any comparison to Kol is just fine in my book and you won't here any complaining from him. :)

Download it and you'll see not a SINGLE image is the same.

Peace.

Edited by Winswy

Looks very familiar to KoL's Sustenance.

Radish?

585668418[/snapback]

First thing that popped into my head.

It's a decent theme, but your and my styles differ greatly.

@ Radish..Um.. cos its blue and red with a red close button?

....yeah, eh that was covered in the WIP thread, maybe u could read up.

lol u didnt even have time to download it and get an educated opinion.

Anyway, who cares, any comparison to Kol is just fine in my book and you won't here any complaining from him.  :)

Download it and you'll see not a SINGLE image is the same.

Peace.

585668427[/snapback]

Yes, first impressions count - I didn't read the WIP thread till now.

I know what I like/don't like in terms of visual styles, but that's not to say that your work isn't good.

Your getting a bit defensive, calm down ok?

Radish?

First thing that popped into my head.

585668437[/snapback]

Yeah, same here.

Not for me, but nice work. :)

Yes, first impressions count - I didn't read thWIPi> thread till now.

I know what I like/don't like in terms of visual styles, but that's not to say that your work isn't good.

Your getting a bit defensive, calm down ok?

Radish?

585668504[/snapback]

sorry but i took that as off-ensive.

Anyway, its all good, im quite calm, dont need to be told.

sorry but i took that as off-ensive.

Anyway, its all good, im quite calm, dont need to be told.

585668527[/snapback]

Personally, I thought your response to Radish's rather curt assessment was diplomatic. It's always healthy to stand up for yourself. Anyway, thanks again for a nice looking VS.

whee. again. blue. bevel.

585668701[/snapback]

heh. I guess that pretty much sums it up. Make a style without using photoshop's built-in bevel/emboss effect. Just once? Please?

i thought of the same thing radish and the other um, guy said (i can't remember his s/n) it's 2:24 am and i'm tired... other then that it's nice reminds me of KoL's style lol

heh. I guess that pretty much sums it up. Make a style without using photoshop's built-in bevel/emboss effect. Just once? Please?

585668766[/snapback]

You say that as it is a one click process, built in? how would you design a visual style? How would you create a bevel? there nothing "built in" about it. you apparently dont know a thing about Photoshop.

Try sitting 14 hours at a time, individually adjusting dozens of image parameters, from Style to technique, depth direction contours, opacity angles , shading, direction, highlights, etc.. and thats just ONE of over a dozen different categories of image manpulation in just the blending options of Photoshop. Which in itself is only one of hundreds of dfifferent ways to manipluate and build an image.

I really dont take offense to much in my life but frankly i do when someone describes what i do as built in. After i spend countless days (and mostly nights) striving to produce as good as is possible.

Maybe take some time to sit down with a professional application like PS and then come back and talk to me about built in.

Maybe it looks built in because the graphics look smooth and professional but i can assure it didnt take me over a month to put this together one clicking my way obliviously thru PS. :rolleyes:

To all of those that at least recognize the hard work, whether u like it or not, i offer my thanks and appreciation. ;)

Edited by Winswy

To all of those that at least recognize the hard work, whether u like it or not, i offer my thanks and appreciation.  ;)

585668846[/snapback]

I appreciate the great effort. After several hours on, I can only submit one real criticism of this VS. It's a pet peeve of mine, so forgive. I believe that nothing a mouse pointer touches should become illegible. It's just me but buttons, text links, etc. that highlight with mouseover in such a way to become not readable is just plain aggravating. The ruby red (RGB 175,24,24 or thereabouts) that shows up in highlight not only in the shellstyle when browsing the text links in the side panel of MY COMPUTER, for example BUT ALSO in various other locations on dialog box buttons and even on web pages that use system colors in the stylesheet MAKE THE UNDERLYING TEXT ILLEGIBLE. Ruby red highlight text in MY COMPUTER is hard on the eyes and elsewhere ruby red highlight on top of black text is not a good match in my view. :no:

Edited by bcool

Very nice work on this VS.

I do however agree with Bcool. Some of the text is almost impossible to read. Other wise very nice. Are you planning on changing the dark red to any other colors? The tan like in the tool bar would be nice and would make the text readable.

585668437[/snapback]

second that, not my style sorry

whee. again. blue. bevel.

585668701[/snapback]

:rofl: