[U.S.] New Motorola V635 Release Info

I spoke with two Cingular stores today, and got some new information about the Motorola V635. Figured I'd share the info.

The stores I spoke with are expecting a huge shipment of these phones sometime in April. The cost will be $199.99 with a two year contract; however, there is expected to be a $50 rebate, lowering the price to $149.99.

For those of you not familiar with the V635, it's quite a great phone. Quad-band, megapixel camera, Bluetooth, external color screen, and more. Check it out at GSMArena or Phonescoop for more info.

That's a pretty sharp looking phone, figures that I just bought a v551 from them today. Oh well, it was $79, its normally runs a lot more than that.

Ive had this phone a few months now, and its awesome. Only problem with it is you can't set ringtones off of the transflash and the standard memory is too small

:(

My phone was free btw :)

the 635 is in Europe right now isn't it? At least it is on the Motorola website. It does look sweet! Have you heard of a date yet though?

• 4 weeks later...

Read over at Howard Forums that Cingular has decided not to release the v635. Apparantly a "joint decision between the engineers who test [the] equipment and the equipment management team." Can anybody confirm or deny this?

IMO the 635 isnt all that good - I'm not a huge fan of Motos myself, they tend to break down at the first sign of trouble, and their menu system isnt the easiest to use.

it would be a wise move for cingular not to take on the phone, unless of course moto give them a version with all the bugs ironed out.

IMO the 635 isnt all that good - I'm not a huge fan of Motos myself, they tend to break down at the first sign of trouble, and their menu system isnt the easiest to use.

it would be a wise move for cingular not to take on the phone, unless of course moto give them a version with all the bugs ironed out.

585833311[/snapback]

Yeah, I would tend to agree, but I've heard real good things about this one.

I was looking at the V635, and I really liked it, I was hoping Cingular would release it so I could finally get an upgrade for my V600, looks like I might have to consider another phone.

Edit: Does anyone know if the V635 has the same connector as the V600? I have the motorola dock and I want to be sure that it will work with the V635, should I decide to buy it.

Edited by JZolloXP

tigerdirect(which I hate for most things) is now selling unlocked cell phones so you don't have to go through your service provider anymore to buy phones and a lot more places are starting to do this. keep you eye out there and they might have it. also, check ebay for a dependable seller to buy the phone

I was looking at the V635, and I really liked it, I was hoping Cingular would release it so I could finally get an upgrade for my V600, looks like I might have to consider another phone.

Edit: Does anyone know if the V635 has the same connector as the V600? I have the motorola dock and I want to be sure that it will work with the V635, should I decide to buy it.

585835113[/snapback]

You can always get a unlocked one from ebay. Any unlocked gsm will phone will work on cingular network, just make sure the phone supports the majority of the cingular frequencies, or your reception may be spotty.

I am 99% certain the connectors are the same from the 600 to the 635

tigerdirect(which I hate for most things) is now selling unlocked cell phones so you don't have to go through your service provider anymore to buy phones and a lot more places are starting to do this.  keep you eye out there and they might have it.  also, check ebay for a dependable seller to buy the phone

585835131[/snapback]

Their selection is old. Tmobile doesn't even have the moto v300 anymore (they're replacing it with the v330).

But nonetheless, another place to look for phones. Now, if they can only sell them cheaper.

The V635 is supposed to be 6 Sigma, which is a quality standard rating. That would make it the most reliable Moto to come out in a few years, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this phone look's great but in British Columbia Rogers is selling it for $299-2 year Contract, and $250-3 year Contract, which is out of my budget of $200.

I guess the best phone is still the Nokia 6620 for $179.99.

why wont it be available from any us carrier?

585916292[/snapback]

I've heard a couple of things. The first thing I heard was that it was a decision that the engineers and testers at Cingular made when testing it with the Cingular network. The second thing I heard was that Cingular wanted to charge more for it than what people could get it for online, and as a result, it just wasn't cost-productive for them to release it.

That said, I went ahead and snagged one off of eBay, and it is mega-sweet. I've got it all configured and tweaked and goddamn if it isn't one of the coolest phones I've ever used.