Google plans to double Gmail capacity

Google plans to double Gmail capacity (CNET News.com)

Google plans to offer a bottomless cup of storage with its Gmail Web-based e-mail service, dramatically raising the bar for rivals in the sharply competitive business for the second time in a year.

The Mountain View, Calif.-based Web giant on Friday plans to double the free storage on Gmail from 1GB to 2GB, said Georges Harik, Gmail product management director. After that, Google will add a yet-to-be-determined amount of extra storage daily, with no plans to stop.

I didnt actually rush here to post this.. I thought it would have already been here and was looking for comments..

I'd like to see the attachment size doubled.. perhaps trippled preferrably..

Linked (CNET News.com)

I've already got 2GB with Yahoo!Mail as it is. But what's the point? I use a tiny fraction of all this space. I was fine when I only had 100MB :x

After that, Google will add a yet-to-be-determined amount of extra storage daily, with no plans to stop.

Am I the only one who caught that? That's insane! Imagine your Gmail account growing in size every single day!

The thing is, it's not even an April Fools Day joke, because the article is dated March 31!

Maybe people shouldn't be allowed to post news on April 1st?

585706889[/snapback]

But it's not April 1st! The article is dated March 31st!

I've already got 2GB with Yahoo!Mail as it is. But what's the point? I use a tiny fraction of all this space. I was fine when I only had 100MB :x

585706886[/snapback]

I have that also but for another reason, no tag lines at the end of the email and the pop3 access.

It would be nice to increase the attachment size. By doing that, Gmail Drive would be more useful (limit= only 10 MB actually).

But it's not April 1st! The article is dated March 31st!

585706897[/snapback]

Close enough.

Close enough.

585706923[/snapback]

did u read it ?

Google first broke the e-mail mold on April 1, 2004, with an announcement so bizarre that many assumed it was an April Fool's Day joke.

:huh:h:

Why?

That's all I really have to say about the matter. No "normal" person will even use the 1GB of space and 2GB is just for shock value and to be used as an advertisement ploy. This stupid email capacity race will hopefully end soon. There's no need for and email service to have such large capacity.

hehe...

it's Gmail? !

Now with 2 time more Spam...

Ok serious now... I think it's to mush...

@ Kawai, me says:

You are currently using 11 MB (1%) of your 1040 MB.

LOL...

I have a good idea and dont steal it or ill kill you!!

lets all send our invites to ourselves and make a huge storage drive online..Somebody should code something to bring them all together