aiport took away my shuffle

I just came back from vacation yesterday and on the way there airport security took away my ipod shuffle. They said it could be used as a weapon and they would not allow me to board the plane with it. They said that they would mail it to my home address, which they did. But it still sucked not having my shuffle on the trip.

I just came back from vacation yesterday and on the way there airport security took away my ipod shuffle. They said it could be used as a weapon and they would not allow me to board the plane with it. They said that they would mail it to my home address, which they did. But it still sucked not having my shuffle on the trip.

585770756[/snapback]

a weapon?? how the hell!! thats bull****. someone just wanted to give it a free spin and see if they liked it. i cant imagine how it could even be used as a weapon.

That security now has an Ipod Shuffle, do you really think this is legal to do?

That are just corrupt security-guards, that want to have an' shuffle :yes:

Good luck with it, maybey you can call with the airport, and tell them wat happend?

Yeah...looks like everything went alright. I just don't understand why they deemed it a threat though.

Maybe they're afraid of people packing some c4 into usb drives or something :huh:

Oh well it's for the best of it, we'd rather be safe than sorry  :o

On a side note, couldn't you of put it in your suitcase?

585770821[/snapback]

if i knew i would of. But luggage was already checked in at the time. Either way the whole point of me bringing the shuffle is to listen to it on the plane. By the way i forgot to mention, that I actually got pulled aside for screening. So they actually looked through my bag and found it.

LOl the x-ray people saw it then, but they porably concerned about USB drives because you could put viruses on them!

Yes because you can't put viruses on laptops.

hahaha, does that mean they will take out the usb port on laptop if you tried to take it on the plane? really doesn't make sense. remind me not to stop into that airport.

they didnt take it away becuase they thought it had viruses or dangerous things on it. They explained to me that it could be used to stab people. Which makes somewhat sense, I actually tried just now it could peirce through your skin.

And yet they give you forks with airplane food...

585770868[/snapback]

yeah i found that weird too, they gave me a metal fork but a plastic knife on the plane. In my opinion you can stab someone just as hard with a fork.