Download Matrix Movie in 30 Seconds

How much faster? Internet2 Latest News about Internet2 researchers once demonstrated they can download a DVD-quality copy of the popular movie "The Matrix" in 30 seconds over their network, a feat they said would take roughly 25 hours over the Internet.

uhhh a 4.7GB disc over my 4 megabit internet1 (lol) would take about 2 hours 40 minuites.... not 25 hours

uhhh a 4.7GB disc over my 4 megabit internet1 (lol) would take about 2 hours 40 minuites.... not 25 hours

585772423[/snapback]

Still, 30 seconds is cool. I'd trade up if I could. :D

I only have 3 mb.

Cody

585772423[/snapback]

Not everybody has the luxury of a 4 megabit line.

Cody

585772437[/snapback]

whats the difference?? the movie is like 2 hours, so just wait 35 min for buffering time and your set

585772423[/snapback]

Heck how bout people with 10megabit internet1 :| ?

meh... I1 is still doing alright :ninja:

• Like 1

when i saw an article earlier about students getting busted for trading movies on inernet2 i chekc hte lsit of schools on internet2 and mine turned out to be one of them, too bad the dorm im in had 10 (not even 100) mbit ethernet wired after it was built. ugly wires all over the place, my internet is pretty slow here. plus we have to login every few hours bc they monitor bandwidth

585772423[/snapback]

You do realize that is under the most ideal of circumstances. Most methods of obtaining a movie like the matrix on the internet(1) would take much longer. Its like saying you could do a 700 mile drive in 10 hours because your car can go 70 miles per hour, without factoring in all the other real word slowdowns.

I say in about 2-3 years this will be the standard.  I cant wait!  No more online gaming lag, EVER! (although its a rarity.)

585772504[/snapback]

Speak for yourself...lol

----

Excellent, now how much will it cost?

Shhh! Don't talk about Internet 2!

Fortunately, the MPAA and RIAA don't have direct access to it yet, but they do have a couple lackeys within i2hub that are f***ing things over for everybody. Ah well, I don't share anything illegal, so I can't get in trouble.

in my college.. I was testing the internet connection and in all speed tests I was getting "unlimited" kbps.. then in bbr speed test.. I got download 4MBps and upload 14MBps.. I will upload one of my dvd to usenet and test out the connection..

I only have 3 mb.

Cody

585772437[/snapback]

Not everybody has the luxury of a 4 megabit line.

585772438[/snapback]

YOu only have 3mb? Man, in my country only companies have 3mb, the most a rich person has is like 1.5mb, and I say rich, cause it's too expensive for what it provides.

I just have 256KB :'( you hurt my feelings !!

I have 6Mbit and I still am not as fast as I wont to be it all depends on how fast someone is willing to give things to you.. upload is the key to a good download

YOu only have 3mb? Man, in my country only companies have 3mb, the most a rich person has is like 1.5mb, and I say rich, cause it's too expensive for what it provides.

I just have 256KB :'( you hurt my feelings !!

585772772[/snapback]

3mbit lines are getting pretty popular here in the US. i'm on a 4mbit cable line right now, when i move in a month i'll be on a 5mbit line... no complaints here :laugh:

im counting teh hours til they let teh public have access to internet2. the good thing is im sure the mo vie industries will let you buy steam movies from em. but darn it they better be dvd quality. and able to burn it to disc.

How much faster? Internet2 Latest News about Internet2 researchers once demonstrated they can download a DVD-quality copy of the popular movie "The Matrix" in 30 seconds over their network, a feat they said would take roughly 25 hours over the Internet.

DVD-quality copy, couldn't that mean a divx movie, as in 700 mb?

585772423[/snapback]

On average? I doubt it...

Unless you have some pretty amazing sources for these 4.7GB discs... :whistle:

DVD-quality copy, couldn't that mean a divx movie, as in 700 mb?

585772812[/snapback]

I agree with you. Thats like saying that an MP3 is CD-quality. Anyways, I doubt any college kids computer is able to write 4.7GB in 30sec anyways, and they sure as hell can't put it in the memory until the HD catches up.

But, I2 does look VERY appealing, and the speed should increase as time passes.