Lavasoft Ends Support for Free Version?

Lavasoft Ends Support for Free Version?

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com has displayed this message now since March 26th:

The Lavasoft support forums are off line temporarily due to a software upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and the forums will be back as soon as possible.

Registered customers can send an inquiry to our technical support Email address as always.

Lavasoftsupport.com is the free support forum for the free personal version of Adaware SE. Ad-Aware SE Plus, Professional Home, and Corporate users get email support here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/customer_support/ Links are still available to the forum from the website, and from the help/support section of the software, however a post from Mike Wood of Lavasoft at broadbandreports.com seem to indicate the free support forums are history

?As for public forums, we will have this available through our research site. These forums will be for helping users by actually improving the response time by interacting with our research department directly.?

Lavasoftsupport.com forums are staffed by mostly volunteer members, known as Team Lavasoft. These members are also in the dark as to the future of the forums, but many have already begun offering unofficial support on other sites.

GeeksToGo.com has added a separate forum with many members of Team Lavasoft to their already busy site here: Unofficial Lavasoft Support Forum

surely the loss of the forums doesn't represent such a big blow...

the free updates are still available :)

also there are many online forums capable of dealing with ad-aware queries...

*patiently waits for anti spyware. is it out yet? (scream in the background: *nooo) awww :( :( :( *patiently waits for antispyware

So they won't answer e-mails for the free version?

They will still give spyware defs still?

They have never answered an e-mail I have sent them since they first launched ad-aware, so whats new!

The Lavasoft support forums are off line temporarily due to a software upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and the forums will be back as soon as possible.

Sounds more like a software upgrade to me? Hardly the cospiracy it seems made out to be.

thanks for the heads up (Y) hehe I have MS is very better even if I need purchase it on the future :p

????????

Run Web Update, see if there are any updates. Set up your scanning properties, Scan, Delete anything nasty. Your Done.

I just gave you all the support you will need. :laugh:

I've never needed support anyways, so I guess it really doesn't matter to me.

585779931[/snapback]

Do they mean "Tech Support" or "Support" as in updates and definitions for the program? There is obviously a big difference. I love Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta, but it is beta. I also use Spyware Blaster which is an excellent application for protection. I really don't ever get Spyware, maybe once this past year I had one problem. But still, this is an excellent free application and I would hate to see them stop producing updates for the definitions.

I've never needed support anyways, so I guess it really doesn't matter to me.

585779931[/snapback]

Me too. was just about to post that, but thought I had better read ALL the comments first. It's pretty simple to use.

Is it noticeably different?

585781109[/snapback]

Nope. If anything, Spybot S&D is worse than Ad-Aware SE.

Nope. If anything, Spybot S&D is worse than Ad-Aware SE.

585781166[/snapback]

I concur. Spybot is not the "best" by any means.

but the imune feature is nice